Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-09-2008, 08:58 AM   #1

k100d and remote control

Hi all!
First, im sorry if im posting this topic in the wrong section, if so, please warn me.

I have a problem. I bought and IR remote controler in ebay for my k100d and wehn i try to make bulb, when i press the shutter button in the remote, it takes a picture of about 1/30s and not as i expected, i expected to when i press the shutter it opens and when i press it again it closes.
BTW, does the k100d has any shutter lock so i can take Bulb without be pressing the shutter or using externel devices like cables and remotes.

Thanks.

06-09-2008, 09:25 AM   #2
Veteran Member

On "bulb", you need to hold the shutter release for the shutter to stay open. The set-up you are referring to was used on film cameras and was called "time" (T). Your camera and remote release are working normally. There are some corded release that allow "time" operation that would do what you describe.
06-09-2008, 01:29 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by herpez Quote
Hi all!
First, im sorry if im posting this topic in the wrong section, if so, please warn me.

I have a problem. I bought and IR remote controler in ebay for my k100d and wehn i try to make bulb, when i press the shutter button in the remote, it takes a picture of about 1/30s and not as i expected, i expected to when i press the shutter it opens and when i press it again it closes.
BTW, does the k100d has any shutter lock so i can take Bulb without be pressing the shutter or using externel devices like cables and remotes.

Thanks.
Bulb opens the shutter as long as the release is pressed. Time - which I would love to see on modern cameras - is as you describe - first press opens, next press closes, the shutter.

That said, the Pentax Remote F does operate in Bulb mode. The shutter will stay open until the remote is released or the camera battery goes dead, whichever comes first. Some third party remotes do not send a continuous signal, and will never allow you to use Bulb mode. You will need a cable release to do it.
06-09-2008, 03:21 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
Bulb opens the shutter as long as the release is pressed. Time - which I would love to see on modern cameras - is as you describe - first press opens, next press closes, the shutter.

That said, the Pentax Remote F does operate in Bulb mode. The shutter will stay open until the remote is released or the camera battery goes dead, whichever comes first. Some third party remotes do not send a continuous signal, and will never allow you to use Bulb mode. You will need a cable release to do it.
Ah, ok. Really thanks for explain so well.
As i want long exposure times, neither the F remote would help. So i guess just a Shutter cable will do the work so i wont need to be 30minutes pressing a button.

So, i guess With any compatible shutter cable it will do what i want, right? A click to open a other to close.

PS - my k100d Super hasnt Time function, just Tv and Manual, both with a max of 30seconds

Thanks!!!

06-09-2008, 06:27 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wireless Remote for Pentax K100D K10D CS-205 GX-10 R7D - eBay (item 130225167441 end time May-30-08 20:15:32 PDT)

That will let you press the button to open the shutter, and then give it a second press to close it, so that you can do unattended long exposures wirelessly.