Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-17-2015, 08:45 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K20D Overexposure Issue

I have a K20D that I got almost 6 years ago and for a year its auto-exposure has been very spotty. I'm finding that about half the time is over-exposing by 2-3 stops. Today I got frustrated and set it to manual exposure and I had no issues. Is it new camera time?

Elliot

05-17-2015, 09:20 AM   #2
Veteran Member

If it works correctly in M, it's not time yet to give up. Are you talking about auto-exposure as in P and/or green mode? Which metering (dpot, center weight, matrix)?

Have you tried a reset via the menu to factory defaults?
05-17-2015, 11:13 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sterretje Quote
If it works correctly in M, it's not time yet to give up. Are you talking about auto-exposure as in P and/or green mode? Which metering (dpot, center weight, matrix)?

Have you tried a reset via the menu to factory defaults?
I am talking about aperture priority, but to answer your other question I typically keep the camera as centre weight. But looking at it know it switched to spot again (as it often does in my bag). Although, I usually keep the AF and AE point the same in the custom menu. But again checking that it wasn't set right. I guess today is one of those days.
05-19-2015, 02:28 PM   #4
Veteran Member

If you have a split prism focussing screen it will do this in spot metering mode. If I pull mine out of my bag awkwardly, the switch can sometimes select spot without me knowing. Blows everything out until you realize what's happened.