Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 32 Likes Search this Thread
05-29-2015, 12:38 AM   #76

I recently sold my Nikon D5300 (waiting for a K-3 II) and I gotta say, that is one lightweight, tiny DSLR body. The D3300 is even smaller.

Pair this with a collapsible ~18-50 kit zoom, (in fact I think the new Pentax collapsible kit zoom is smaller than the Nikon!) ...and you've got one heck of a good reason to ignore others' obsession with "going mirrorless". The thing is, the D5300 and D3300 has relatively the same 24 MP sensor as the K-3. And it's an incredible, awesome sensor.

Currently, Pentax' lighter, more affordable models are using a slightly different 20 MP sensor. I don't know what the DR and high ISO of the sensor is like, but I bet it's at least decent enough for most folks.

So while the K-3 might be a bit hefty compared to some alternatives, IMO one of the awesome things about the Pentax system is 1.) even the beginner models are weather sealed and relatively rugged, and 2.) the lack of needing in-camera stabilization allows collapsible / compact lenses to be much smaller and lighter.

05-29-2015, 07:55 PM   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
Unless we are named "Jon Snow", then we know nothing.

+1 for GOT reference