Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-11-2008, 07:00 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by HGMonaro Quote
what can one do about this? If the focus dot isn't in the right place what hope have we got!
not much, but note that usually this does not matter because you are normally at right angles to the subject. WHere it matters, or camera shake when hand holding is taking shots of an animal in the grass, from a distance, because a small error vertically is many feet

06-11-2008, 08:37 PM   #17
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Sorry for not replying sooner, I don't post and then never come back however I do run my own business whch consumes most of my days so I always reply when I can.

I'll post some test shots this evening. I also want to use Remote Assistant 3 however I cannot find the CD which came with my camera, I assume I need to contact Pentax for a copy?
06-11-2008, 09:34 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by HGMonaro Quote
what can one do about this? If the focus dot isn't in the right place what hope have we got!
If it's that far off, then send it for adjustment. If it just happens to hit one edge of the dot and not the other, then learn where it focuses and adjust accordingly.
06-11-2008, 10:27 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I just wanted to put my two cents in here concerning Tamron. While I do not own the lens which is in question, I did pick up the Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 for the K20 when I bought it a couple of months ago. I researched the lens with tremendous effort, taking a wide variety of sources into account.

I can say I am happy with the results. The images produced with the Tammy and K20 are remarkable in resolution. While cost was a factor, performance also weighed in heavily in this decision because I knew this would be my go-to lens. I considered the Pentax 16-45mm 4.0 and the 16-50mm 2.8. But the Tammy won hands down with the tad-short 16-45mm, and the 16-50mm, according to all sources I could find, did not justify the additional $250. But, to be fair, I did not get a chance to shoot with either of these Pentax lenses. I do own older (A, M series & Takumars & medium format) Pentax lenses. But none of these lenses out resolves the Tammy, and all of them are primes—I have yet to spend time shooting with the A 50mm 1.7, but know it will be very similar to my M 50 1.4 & 1.7.

I sure have heard all good things about Pentax lenses—they have rightfully earned their reputation. Had the Tammy 17-50mm and 16-50mm Penny been closer in price I am sure I would have went with the Penny, just to have the Pedigree if for no other reason. None of us likes to let money make the determining say in our beloved hobbies, but few of us have many options.

Bottom line is I know the Tamron lenses can produce quality on the K20 body.

Regards,

Ernest

Money doesn’t talk-----it swears--------obscenity------who really cares”?

Bob Dylan