Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-03-2015, 04:45 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thankyou Ricoh Canada

Just want to say a few words about Ricoh Canada. Often we read of experiences where members have been frustrated with the service from camera manufacturers including from time to time our own favourite Ricoh. Well my experience this past week has been only good.

Last week I picked up my new K3II from an small independant camera dealer in Vancouver. I don't live in Vancouver but was passing through at the tail end of a vacation. One of our fellow Pentax Forums members works at this store and I have come to have an online friendship with him and felt that I would like to purchase my new camera through his store.

Joy of the new camera was shattered when I went to turn in on and clearly there was something wrong. I contacted the camera store and Jack endeavoured to assist me over the phone, but we soon agreed there was a problem. My dilemma was not that I was from out of town, but the store did not have a second copy, and I was scheduled to be on a photo safari with a group of professional photographers this coming Friday.

The store suggested that they could contact Ricoh Canada and see what they can do. About 30 minutes later I received a call in my hotel room from the Ricoh Canada Product Manager. After a few minutes of discussion, he understood my situation and offered to ship me a new camera immediately and that when I got home I could ship the problem camera directly to him.

Yesterday afternoon, my new camera arrived. It works perfectly. I am most pleased. This camera company came through.

Now I just have to go through one heck of a learning curve before I'm off on Friday for my adventure

Last edited by bobell69; 06-03-2015 at 04:51 PM.
06-03-2015, 04:56 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Good show by Ricoh.
06-03-2015, 05:32 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by civiletti Quote
Good show by Ricoh.
...what he said!
06-03-2015, 05:41 PM   #4
Pentaxian

I didn't even know anybody worked at Ricoh, except maybe copier technicians. I thought those interviews with Ricoh execs were part of someone's great Pentax novel, and that when they were complete they'd be published in a comic book. They have a real person with the authority to replace defective cameras... I'm flabbergasted.

Last edited by normhead; 06-04-2015 at 05:49 AM.
06-03-2015, 07:37 PM   #5

That's proper service. Good to hear that it worked out for you.
06-03-2015, 09:51 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Amazon does the same with their standard return/replacement process, and the return form is printable from the amazon website. You don't even need to move.
06-04-2015, 01:35 AM   #7
What'chu lookin at

Photos: Gallery
Kerrisdale Cameras?
06-04-2015, 05:24 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

I would also love to know where this camera store is, as I'm planning a trip to Vancouver this summer and a chance to at least browse and try different lenses on my K-5 would be excellent.

06-04-2015, 07:37 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter

Good report! It's always easier to complain than to praise. But both are equally important.
06-04-2015, 09:04 AM   #10
Forum Member

WOW!! Great Customer service
06-04-2015, 09:09 AM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bobell69 Quote
Just want to say a few words about Ricoh Canada. Often we read of experiences where members have been frustrated with the service from camera manufacturers including from time to time our own favourite Ricoh. Well my experience this past week has been only good.

Last week I picked up my new K3II from an small independant camera dealer in Vancouver. I don't live in Vancouver but was passing through at the tail end of a vacation. One of our fellow Pentax Forums members works at this store and I have come to have an online friendship with him and felt that I would like to purchase my new camera through his store.

Joy of the new camera was shattered when I went to turn in on and clearly there was something wrong. I contacted the camera store and Jack endeavoured to assist me over the phone, but we soon agreed there was a problem. My dilemma was not that I was from out of town, but the store did not have a second copy, and I was scheduled to be on a photo safari with a group of professional photographers this coming Friday.

The store suggested that they could contact Ricoh Canada and see what they can do. About 30 minutes later I received a call in my hotel room from the Ricoh Canada Product Manager. After a few minutes of discussion, he understood my situation and offered to ship me a new camera immediately and that when I got home I could ship the problem camera directly to him.

Yesterday afternoon, my new camera arrived. It works perfectly. I am most pleased. This camera company came through.

Now I just have to go through one heck of a learning curve before I'm off on Friday for my adventure

well, good for you.... but I hope this level of service is offer to anyone (and everywhere), not just because you know someone... horrible customer service in US can be read in FB Pentax group with the new service center.