Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-11-2008, 07:03 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Finally - UK Cashback from Pentax at last !!!!

Hi all

At last some really good news for Britain's long-suffering Pentax customers !

Cashback

Best regards
Richard

06-11-2008, 07:25 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Note that on the cashback form K20D kit is displayed with the new DA 17-70 f/4 lens.
06-11-2008, 03:32 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Looks like they've not only taken Samsungs electronics onboard but their marketing strategy too !!

simon
06-11-2008, 05:01 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Hi Simon

I fail to understand why the dealers can't simply reduce their retail prices by £50.00 or £100.00 respectively and then claim this amount back directly from Pentax ? Why on earth should the customer be expected to jump through all these ridiculous hoops, whilst additionally being required to patiently wait for a further six weeks, before a cheque eventually lands on their doormat ? This kind of refund scheme is certainly better than nothing and long overdue for UK buyers, but it's implementation surely needs a serious rethink ? I sense recession is in the air, but the cynic in me can't help believing that it's probably some kind of tax dodge ?

Best regards
Richard

Last edited by Confused; 06-11-2008 at 05:10 PM.
06-11-2008, 05:27 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Let's hope it spreads worldwide.

The cash back makes it look good, but they secretly know that some people won't bother or may forget to send in their claim etc., so it doesn't cost them as much in the end as a straight price cut.
06-11-2008, 06:26 PM   #6
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Confused Quote
Hi Simon

I fail to understand why the dealers can't simply reduce their retail prices by £50.00 or £100.00 respectively and then claim this amount back directly from Pentax ? Why on earth should the customer be expected to jump through all these ridiculous hoops, whilst additionally being required to patiently wait for a further six weeks, before a cheque eventually lands on their doormat ? This kind of refund scheme is certainly better than nothing and long overdue for UK buyers, but it's implementation surely needs a serious rethink ? I sense recession is in the air, but the cynic in me can't help believing that it's probably some kind of tax dodge ?

Best regards
Richard
Your money sits in the bank, while, Pentax collects interest. Everyone wins, Pentax makes money, retailers makes sales, and you get money back.