Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-11-2008, 05:51 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Interval Timer, Is there anyway to take more than 99 frames???? Please help

Hi everyone,
I recently purchased a K20 when I saw it had an interval timer. To my great disapointment it only shoots up to 99 frames, which to anyone who is into time lapse photography will know that is nowhere near enough. I don't understand why Pentax did this? My Optio W30 shoots up to 999 frames! If any one knows away to get around this please let me know.

Thanks,
PJ

06-11-2008, 07:43 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pjmarchand Quote
Hi everyone,
I recently purchased a K20 when I saw it had an interval timer. To my great disapointment it only shoots up to 99 frames, which to anyone who is into time lapse photography will know that is nowhere near enough. I don't understand why Pentax did this? My Optio W30 shoots up to 999 frames! If any one knows away to get around this please let me know.

Thanks,
PJ
You can hook it up to a laptop using Pentax Remote Assistant.
06-11-2008, 08:09 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Hi everyone,

Thanks,
PJ
You should have tested before the purchase!
06-12-2008, 06:48 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
thanks! but that doesn't help

06-12-2008, 06:50 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
2 problems there, first I think remote assistant caps out at 99 frames as well, 2nd not a very field practical solution.
06-12-2008, 09:41 PM   #6

Photos: Gallery
2 problems there, first I think remote assistant caps out at 99 frames as well, 2nd not a very field practical solution.
I too was disappointed that the new version of Remote Assistant still topped out at 99 frames, an incredibly short sighted, if not plain dumb restriction. As for the intervalometer in the K20, maybe that will be fixed in a future firmware update. I'm still using a K10, so I've been contemplating one of these Timelapse Photography using the Pclix LT100

It's not the kind of thing I need to do all the time, but it would be fun to play with, and the price is very reasonable.
06-12-2008, 10:05 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
This thread from our forum competitor contains what you need. Be sure to read the entire thread. The timer works great!

Time laps photography / film: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review