Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-21-2015, 02:36 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Someone asked if the black mark is gone. You don't know. You have sold all your lenses. Your neighbour has the same camera. You removed HER LENS and her camera doesn't make the same noises when moved as yours does.

I think you are totally missing a very logical next step here.

06-22-2015, 01:36 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Bagga_Txips Quote
I think you are totally missing a very logical next step here.
yeah, like mounting her lens on your camera and do some test shots ^^
06-22-2015, 08:45 AM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by TooLoose Quote
I got it back and took it out for a session and it seemed to work okay, so into the closet it went as I returned to my screen-shoot camera.
By "ok" I would guess the black spot was gone. By "ok" I would guess the internal noise was gone or at least not noticeable. Perhaps it was only checked with the power on.

But mysteriously just sitting in the closet the internal noise came back. Perhaps the power circuits for the SR hold a charge for a short time after powering off the camera so the shift didn't become apparent until the power was off long enough for those circuits to discharge.

It's not to say Precision has been free of problems. Far from it. I have to send my Pentax equipment to Precision too and I would like to feel confident that an at least competent repair job is done. If the problems with Precision can't be solved than Ricoh should find a new service center. In this case there is a reasonable doubt that Precision is at fault.

Tests with the friend's lenses would be a logical step. Tests of SR would be in order too.