Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-13-2008, 07:41 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Looks like this will have the same mechanical issue the Dicain grip has, the input door stays open. There may be a chance that the door gets ripped off by accident.

06-13-2008, 09:42 AM   #17
Veteran Member

the grip wraps around and covers the door completely, though, so it would have to break the grip before the door would break
06-13-2008, 10:11 AM   #18
Veteran Member

My point, much like all the other grips here, is more for the fact that the doors may be damaged upon removal/installation of the grip. Hopefully someone here will have one to let us know how it works out.
06-13-2008, 11:43 AM   #19
Veteran Member

I don't see how you could break the doors off. They're pretty sturdy.

06-13-2008, 12:29 PM   #20
Veteran Member

I know they are sturdy. But they are on hinged joints and thus have a weak point that can break. I'm not saying they will but I think that it is something people need to consider just in case.
06-14-2008, 12:11 AM   #21

Original Poster
where can I get this one? Is the makeall just a shutter release? Where can I get it, what's the price? Thanks to all who have replied thus far!
06-14-2008, 08:06 AM   #22

Dicain has apparently started making their grip for the K100D, but it does not add any additional power to the body, just a portrait oriented shutter release.

07-07-2008, 07:57 PM   #23

QuoteOriginally posted by MrApollinax Quote
Here is one on ebay:

battery grip for Pentax K100D Samsung GX100 - eBay (item 140240693347 end time Jun-18-08 15:43:15 PDT)

No vertical shutter release though. It seems all the nicer looking grips are battery only and the ones with shutter release have external cables. The one here though looks to have a built in Li-Ion battery which they state is good for 2000 shots. While it would help with the overall weight of the camera mechanically it looks like the battery door slides into a slot and remains open. I can't help but think that if something goes wrong you would snap the battery door cover off by accident. If someone else wants to give a go let us know!
I bought this battery grip(marked Travor P100) and received it a week or so ago. I was pleasantly surprised with it. It addresses one of the two things I would change about the K100D I have, namely battery life.
I charged the grip's internal battery the night it was delivered, and I've been using it off and on since then, without a recharge and the camera still reports a full battery. In fact I used it last night at a church concert, where I usually will need to change batteries partway through with no problems.
It appears to be significantly inspired by (if not identical to) the Ansmann P100.

Pros:
-I experienced a significant increase in battery life
-Doesn't need to be removed from the camera for recharging
-Light weight
-Comes with ac adapter for mains charging and a car adapter as well

Cons:
-Increases the size of the K100D considerably(I suppose this might be a pro for some users)
-Fiddly to attach(although I don't expect this will need to be done often)

Other:
-Vertical/Portrait shutter release(not important to me)
-Li-Po Battery is sealed in the grip, no way to change it without disassembly
-The cosmetics are close but not identical to the K100D body cosmetics(not important to me)