Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-21-2015, 11:54 PM   #1
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Norway
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 385
AF.C on K-5 II vs K-3

Here are two pictures from an event in Sandnes, Norway. I used my F*250-600/5.6 on all photos that day, but started with the K-5 II and ended with my K-3. Later when I was home and had a look at the pictures, I saw that most of the ones I took with K-5 II was unsharp. K-5 II struggled with AF.C and was not quick enough to focus before I took the picture. I use focusing with the AF button and does not have focus activated on the shutter release.
With the K-3 things got better. K-3 is faster to lock focus before first photo in a series and is also more capable to hold correct focus with AF.C. It is not perfect, but better than K-5 II

Facebook bilder
Facebook bilder

When using AF.S, it is the other way around. I find K-5 II to be more accurate and consistent than K-3. K-5 II nails focus most of the time, but K-3 is sometimes front focusing and sometimes backfocusing in perhaps 10% of the images with the other 90% good to very good.

06-22-2015, 12:26 AM   #2
Forum Member




Join Date: May 2012
Location: Biddinghuizen, the Netherlands
Posts: 54
both links show the same pictures, taken with the K-3
06-22-2015, 09:57 AM   #3
Pentaxian
Edgar_in_Indy's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Indiana, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,636
Yeah, I'm not seeing a series of photos from the K-5 either. I'm just seeing finding thee nice shots from the K-3.

The one shot of the guy popping his head up from the muddy water looks like it is backfocused on the pipe structure, but that would be a pretty challenging shot given how fast he was moving, and how his face has almost no areas of strong contrast, given that it's all covered in muddy water. Focus may have locked onto the contrast between the edge of his head, and the orange pipe.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
af.c, af.c on k-5, bilder, camera, dslr, facebook, focus, ii, k-3, k-5, k-5 ii vs, photography, pictures
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Battery Grip on K-3 and K-5 II Problem morph00 Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 11 02-03-2015 01:55 AM
Sensor noise on the K-5 II vs K-3 groovyg Pentax DSLR Discussion 24 12-18-2014 03:45 PM
AF-360FGZ on K-3 vs K-20 ivanvernon Flashes, Lighting, and Studio 2 12-13-2014 08:43 AM
Pentax K-3 vs K-30 on AF & high ISO samuelyuen3 Pentax K-3 8 12-05-2013 10:13 PM
Size of K-3 center AF point vs. K-5? twitch Pentax K-3 23 11-17-2013 10:14 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:49 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top