Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-23-2015, 11:52 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Quick question... ok, so I'm a bit slow

I have just upgraded to a K-3 from the K-7 (took advantage of the sale at B&H with the low price and the free battery grip). Anyway, I'm in love so far. I'm trying to register it on-line to activate the warranty. They are asking for the serial number. On my K-7, there was a card that had it printed on it. There is no card with this camera. Is the serial number the 7 digit number on the bottom by where the battery goes in? And if not, where is it? Thanks a lot.

---------- Post added 06-23-2015 at 03:08 PM ----------

Ok. I just called them and got an answer to my own question. Thanks, anyway. :-)

06-23-2015, 12:20 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kyricom Quote
I have just upgraded to a K-3 from the K-7 (took advantage of the sale at B&H with the low price and the free battery grip). Anyway, I'm in love so far. I'm trying to register it on-line to activate the warranty. They are asking for the serial number. On my K-7, there was a card that had it printed on it. There is no card with this camera. Is the serial number the 7 digit number on the bottom by where the battery goes in? And if not, where is it? Thanks a lot.

Ok. I just called them and got an answer to my own question. Thanks, anyway. :-)
The lack of a warranty card "might" be indicative of you being a second home for this camera.

R. Burns
06-23-2015, 12:35 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by kyricom Quote

There should be a serial number card included. It might be on the side of the box. In any case, the serial number is underneath the camera. You also don't need to register the camera to get warranty coverage, just keep the B&H receipt.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-23-2015, 06:52 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yes, thank you. I just got this from B&H. It's new. I called Ricoh/Pentax and they were very helpful. Everything's found. Thanks