Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-13-2008, 12:08 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Thank you so much! You guys rock!

I have been going through alot with my smc M50 1:2 lens. I wanted so badly to throw it out of a window but the thought of a bill swayed me back the right way. The people here on this forum are totally awesome and saved it. I read and read and read and read until I could not read anymore. I learned sooo much from you guys and I just want you to know how much you have blessed me. For the first time tonight, I actually took a pic with my lens that actually looked like a pic and not totally blown out where it is white. I know it’s not much but here is my first ever picture with my 11.00 lens I purchased on ebay over 2 years ago even before I had the camera. No post processing just resized for posting.

I can finally join the M club

Thanks again
Meredith

06-13-2008, 12:55 AM   #2
Syb
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Right, this looks like a technically good picture. It isn't that easy with a black subject, well done!
06-13-2008, 01:12 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Congratulations, Meredith. I don't think I'll ever join the M club, as I like my "A" setting on the aperture ring.

Still, I'm part of the A club, for whatever that's worth.
06-13-2008, 02:18 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice Meredith - welcome to the new school of old photography!!

06-13-2008, 03:05 PM   #5
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratas, just keep trying. It'll all come and fall together like pieces of puzzle and that's the most wonderful experience.
The first shot, the first pano, first M lens shot, macro shot.... we could go on and on. But you'll see yourself...
BR
06-13-2008, 03:24 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Congratulations! Looks like a nice, clear pic.

Just curious, but what part of TN do you live in? I was in TN last weekend in Sievierville (sp?) visiting with my brother-in-law and his wife. My younger son attended ETSU his freshman year.
06-13-2008, 07:58 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Good for you and glad you stuck it out.
06-14-2008, 12:43 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks, I live in Memphis but I go through sierverville at least once or twice a year since we are in love with gatlinburg. I can't wait to go back because they have the best scenic views and all types of things to take pictures of there.
Meredith

QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
Congratulations! Looks like a nice, clear pic.

Just curious, but what part of TN do you live in? I was in TN last weekend in Sievierville (sp?) visiting with my brother-in-law and his wife. My younger son attended ETSU his freshman year.

06-14-2008, 12:45 AM   #9
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for your kind words, I can't wait to go outside and play with it even more. The botanic gardens is next on my list with this lens so I hope all will go well.

Thanks
Meredith
06-14-2008, 07:19 AM   #10
Banned

QuoteQuote:
Still, I'm part of the A club, for whatever that's worth.

'A' club for me as well, but Im glad your figuring it all out Meredith, manual lenses are just special aren't they? they seem to open up a whole new world of photography that just seems lost to so many now.
06-14-2008, 12:02 PM   #11
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Meredith Quote
I have been going through alot with my smc M50 1:2 lens. I wanted so badly to throw it out of a window but the thought of a bill swayed me back the right way. The people here on this forum are totally awesome and saved it. I read and read and read and read until I could not read anymore. I learned sooo much from you guys and I just want you to know how much you have blessed me. For the first time tonight, I actually took a pic with my lens that actually looked like a pic and not totally blown out where it is white. I know it’s not much but here is my first ever picture with my 11.00 lens I purchased on ebay over 2 years ago even before I had the camera. No post processing just resized for posting.

I can finally join the M club

Thanks again
Meredith

Meredith,
Now you got me excited when I get my 50mm Pentax f2.0 lens I bought off EBAY for my k200d along with a tele and K1000 35 mm. If I play my cards right, I could probably sell camera body alone for $40.00 or with the 135mm for about $65.00 even though the film counter doesn't work..therefore making a profit. Can you show us some pics taken with the lens in low light/low ISO conditions?

Thanks
Barry