Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-10-2008, 09:38 AM   #61
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
let's make it better

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
why not just show an old person taking his lens off a K1000 (it's the icon so why not) and putting it on a K20D

the caption is "Don't you wish you could just snap on a new body too!"
change the caption.

"After 40 years, Don't you wish you could just snap on a new body too!"

07-10-2008, 10:39 AM   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great thread! I don't know how I missed it...
07-19-2008, 11:13 AM   #63

gamgee's idea. PentaxPoke's image
07-21-2008, 09:48 AM   #64
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
change the caption.

"After 40 years, Don't you wish you could just snap on a new body too!"
or

"After 40 years, it's great to mount a new body!"

Jim

07-31-2008, 06:15 AM   #65

Lots of good idea's here!

Heres one I found in an old british photo annual from 1981. Its not that dissimilar to what some others have sugested...
Maybe they should start asking us what we want again...
Attached Images

04-12-2010, 11:51 AM   #66
Veteran Member

(I think with the newest cameras, this thread could have legs again. I just love the stuff I've read in here!)

Image: Pentax K-x DSLR, and the 21, 40, and 70mm DA Limited lenses spilling out of an SLR holdster bag.

Caption: "'Bag holds camera and one lens?' Hardly."

Text: "The story you tell with your photos should be big. The size of your camera bag doesn't have to be. Pentax offers the lightest and thinnest prime lenses in the industry. With our DA-Limited lenses, it's easy to carry it all with you."
04-12-2010, 04:20 PM   #67
Veteran Member

Most of those suggestions, showing continuity of lenses? Pure poison. A lensmaker, telling people to buy or inherit their old stuff, rather than purchasing new product? Ain't gonna happen. The one about PENTAX DOES IT FOR HALF THE PRICE is good, although maybe not quite true now.

But continuity CAN be emphasized. Scene: 1957, Mom & Dad shoot kids with Asahiflex; they age, shooting growing kids with newer Pentax each time. 1977, they hand over a Spotty and a K-cam; process repeats, focusing on son & daughter from next generation. Same in 1997, 2005, and now. Each Pentax cam morphs into the next. Message -- PENTAX: WE ARE FAMILY.

Or, to be current: heavy black Canon, Nikon, Sony cams are jogging slowly down a roadway, huffing and puffing. A zillion colorful Kx's dash up and RUN CIRCLES AROUND THEM! then dash off. Fat Canikony's stop, pant and wheeze, then shrug and turn around and walk away. Message -- PENTAX: MORE OOMPH FOR THE MONEY.

Similarly: Fat Canikony's jog slowly down the roadway. A sleek K7 runs in from the side, joins them. Clouds gather. It starts to rain. Canikony's all stop, sizzle, sparks flying; they fall over and smoke. The K7 laughs and splashes through puddles. Message -- PENTAX: A LITTLE RAIN NEVER HURT ANYBODY.

04-12-2010, 04:33 PM   #68
Veteran Member

With all these photos with pentax cameras covered with mud, snow, and water I am suprised that pentax does not use that to their advantage.
04-12-2010, 06:24 PM   #69
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tuner571 Quote
With all these photos with pentax cameras covered with mud, snow, and water I am suprised that pentax does not use that to their advantage.
Maybe a thundercloud breaking and starting to rain...Canikon shooters run for cover, Pentax shooter keeps shooting with "Raindrops are falling on my head" playing in the background. He gets shots in the rain that just weren't happening in the sun (kids playing in the rain and the like.)

"Great moments happen, rain or shine. Be ready with Pentax."
04-12-2010, 06:39 PM   #70
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by unixrevolution Quote
Maybe a thundercloud breaking and starting to rain...Canikon shooters run for cover, Pentax shooter keeps shooting with "Raindrops are falling on my head" playing in the background. He gets shots in the rain that just weren't happening in the sun (kids playing in the rain and the like.)

"Great moments happen, rain or shine. Be ready with Pentax."
Or they could ape the Canon commercial and, instead of a disclaimer, have the text: Actual pictures taken in rain, not simulated.
04-13-2010, 03:11 AM   #71
Pentaxian

Someone on here already did this with a couple of my pics...
04-13-2010, 07:54 PM   #72
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
Someone on here already did this with a couple of my pics...
Yup, that was part of the faux All Weather campaign we played around with several months ago.

And now since people are dredging up old posts in order to post a relevant, 2 sentence comment, I suggest that you all scurry off to find and comment on the old thread LOL!

I'll be glad when this contest is over...
04-14-2010, 12:54 AM   #73
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cpopham Quote

"Cameras come and go, but the lens is forever."
I think is the most effective and pertinent statement in the whole discussion.
04-14-2010, 01:29 AM   #74
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Most of the suggestions here showed continuity of lenses, which I believe may not happen. As a lensmaker, I will not tell people to inherit their old stuff, but buy more new stuff.

But continuity can be emphasized on.
For example, in the 1950s, Mom & Dad shoot childrens with Asahiflex; Mom & Dad age, shooting growing kids with newer Pentax every time.
In the 1970s, they used a K-cam and the scene repeats, focusing on son & daughter from next generation.
Fast forward to 1990s and 2000s with each scenes similar to the earlier batch but with the ist series and later the K100d series.
Like a fellow member mentioned earlier, the Message -- PENTAX: WE ARE FAMILY.

Cheers.
04-14-2010, 03:11 AM   #75
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
All I want to see is maybe something like this:

A commercial about an estate auction where they're selling Pentax camera gear and they tout the first commercially sold lens made by the company............go thru to the sale of the lens, then the buyer mounts it on his new K7...........