Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-01-2015, 07:46 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
www.slrhut.com delivers the goods

I read some reviews on here of www.slrhut.com that suggested because they were selling stuff at such low prices, buyer beware.
I have to say that this, in my recent experience is a bit harsh. On monday evening at 19:00 GMT I ordered my Pentax K-3 with 18-135 WR lens + a spare battery and express delivery for the princely sum of £699.94. I had a phonecall confirming the order with minutes of my clicking on the final pay button in paypal. Thirty six hours later....ish, at 10:00am wednesday I have in my hands my Camera and lens. Sadly, they didn't quite get it all right, as they sent the wrong spare battery. They have, however, told me to keep the wrong battery and use it as a door stop while they send me 2 of the correct sort. Personally I think they are giving great service and deals. Especially as they have got it from New Jersey to Essex in less time than the Royal Mail take to get from one side of london to the other.

07-01-2015, 08:10 AM   #2

Well, as of right now, it looks like they forgot to pay their domain registrar bill.

Last edited by fredralphfred; 07-01-2015 at 08:10 AM. Reason: Remove unnecessary quote
07-01-2015, 09:24 AM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by fredralphfred Quote
Well, as of right now, it looks like they forgot to pay their domain registrar bill.
slrhut.com is paid through 2017 as is slrhut.co.uk, but only the .co.uk address has a real Web site. The .com is only a "holding page".
QuoteOriginally posted by Drew Hillier Quote
Especially as they have got it from New Jersey to Essex in less time than the Royal Mail take to get from one side of london to the other.
They shipped from New Jersey? They are a UK company.

BTW...I looked and was unable to find any negative comments regarding slrhut on this site. In fact the owners are site members. There were a few cautions and a strange exchange regarding their asking for the bank phone number, but no claims of fraud or poor service. Perhaps you are confusing PF with that "other site"?

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 07-01-2015 at 09:38 AM.
07-10-2015, 01:33 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Order update.
True to their word, I have received, not one as ordered, but two spare batteries from them, following their initial mistake.
I can't praise them highly enough. For sure there will be someone out there that has had a poor experience, but for this humble Pentaxian its positive thoughts all the way.
8-)