Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-06-2015, 03:56 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Button press hold by Diy contraption is the only way. Continuous shutter will take the shot each time a critter (or leaf, etc) is in focus. If they stay in focus range the camera will keep shooting

---------- Post added 07-06-15 at 03:58 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
Yeah, that's the stuff.

Still with the interval problem though. Need the button pressed on a timer somehow. (Somebody must have invented a mechanical cable release intervalometer at some point.)
The continuous shutter negates need for interval mode. With a wired release you press the button and slide the lock. Same as holding the shutter button down.

07-06-2015, 04:38 PM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Button press hold by Diy contraption is the only way. Continuous shutter will take the shot each time a critter (or leaf, etc) is in focus. If they stay in focus range the camera will keep shooting

---------- Post added 07-06-15 at 03:58 PM ----------

The continuous shutter negates need for interval mode. With a wired release you press the button and slide the lock. Same as holding the shutter button down.
Yeah, I know that, but what if you want interval? (i.e. so it doesn't go crazy shooting a creature hanging out for a long time -- only one shot per 30 seconds or something) Then you need something that will press and hold, release, press and hold, release...
07-06-2015, 06:42 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Yeah, I know that, but what if you want interval? (i.e. so it doesn't go crazy shooting a creature hanging out for a long time -- only one shot per 30 seconds or something) Then you need something that will press and hold, release, press and hold, release...
Oh the critters I was trying to get (hummingbirds) didn't hang out that much.
I was grateful to get any shot quite honestly.

I guess you could use continuous-slow setting, or in your case then why bother with CIF?
If you have regular visitors then just take a shot every 15 seconds and throw away the empties/fuzzies.
07-07-2015, 09:04 AM   #19
Site Supporter

Yes, but it only affects actual bulb mode so doesn't help you "hold down the shutter" in other modes even though you are using the so-called "bulb" setting on your wired switch to do continuous shooting.
I will have to test this out.

Steve

07-07-2015, 09:13 AM   #20
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I will have to test this out.
CIF in bulb mode simply "hangs" the camera (K-3)!

Another undocumented feature!

Steve
07-07-2015, 09:31 AM   #21
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
CIF in bulb mode simply "hangs" the camera (K-3)!

Another undocumented feature!

Steve
The above is with the shutter release button...when used with an IR remote (dSLR Remote app), CIF does not work at all (K-3) regardless of the exposure or remote drive mode.

Steve
07-07-2015, 09:35 AM   #22
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
With a wired release you press the button and slide the lock. Same as holding the shutter button down.
Yes, that works quite nicely. Put the drive mode on continuous shooting, lock the shutter on the remote and walk away. One thing I did notice is that the camera seems to miss a lot of shots.

Steve