Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-14-2008, 07:23 AM   #1
Inactive Account

K10d Af

Hi

What's the K10D's focus in low light like and would it be fast enough to shoot dance performance? I'm thinking of getting a second hand one with the kit lens and a Sigma APO 70-300. Would this be a good setup?

J

06-14-2008, 10:02 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hello, I'm new to the forum but thought I could help. You might want to consider some issues. If there is more than one dancer they are likely to be at different distances and no camera can select one dancer out of a group like you can with manual focus. Also if it is a smallish theater (<500 people) a fast prime lens like a 50 1.4 could be long enough depending where you are.
06-14-2008, 02:15 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have had pretty good luck with the kit lens in low light but my Sigma 70-300 works much better outside on bright days. It may work out fine for you, just depends on how brightly lit the dance stage is. I haven't tried to use the Sigma inside much. If you are getting a good deal on this used gear buy it. I have the same setup and I love it and there are lots of lenses available. It a good setup to start with.