Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-31-2015, 03:19 PM   #31

So am I the only one here that had a good experience trading in with Amazon?

I think what's happening is this third party involved is picking and choosing the camera gear they really want. But as part of their deal with Amazon, it's Amazon that dictates what gear is labeled as "trade-in accepted" on their site. So the third party's way of getting out from under camera gear they don't want, is to return it as defective. In my case, i guess the K-500 body was something they wanted.

Last edited by alex212; 07-31-2015 at 04:34 PM.
11-03-2015, 06:28 PM   #32
Forum Member

Original Poster
Revisiting my old thread with a perhaps humorous bit of information: Amazon Trade-In is now offering all of 25 CENTS for a like new black K-X body trade-in. But toss in a DA L 18-55, though, and suddenly they claim they'll give $100. As before, "go figure..."
12-21-2015, 08:58 PM   #33

i personally stopped dealing with amazon all together as lately i had nothing but terrible experiences with them when purchasing fairly expensive photo gear.
Besides Pentax i also shot with Fujifilm mirrorless (XT1 and XE1 bodies). On 3 occasions they have sent me USED and 2 of them actually broken on top of used copies of Fuji XF56mm f1.2 lens that costs close to $1K. Second time i had a rather unpleasant chat with one of amazon reps that seemed to be completely careless however promised to make sure this 3rd time i will receive Brand New lens as ordered and paid. 3rd one arrived, clearly used, full of dust and aperture ring broken.
funny thing is when i sent 3rd one back and asked for refund, few weeks later i have received an email from amazon stating that due high volume of returns they might close my account so i went ahead and responded to them to go ahead and just do it since i'm no longer interested in their shady selling practices.
Luckily for me there is BH and i have nothing but awesome experiences with them each time i buy stuff at BH. Also from BH no tax for me unlike amazon so i'm actually saving by not dealing with amazon.
My wife still uses her account with prime for small purchases but as far as major shopping amazon has lost a long time customer and i have been their customer since 2001.
Also remember one time last year i sent my SDM 50-135mm f2.8 for a trade in, in brand new cond. and they have rejected it LMAO.
Amazon has gone south significantly unfortunately at least in my personal experience.