Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-13-2015, 07:36 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ed is a very passional guy. It's not the first time when he express his point in a negative way, and probably, as it happened in other occasions, will calm down after a while. Even retract some of his claims.

What I really don't understand is why he has bought this camera, if he says that he doesn't need GPS, Astrotracer, Pixelshift, and 4.5 points SR, Yes, he doesn't mention in his video Astrotracer, and the advancement in SR, But he says that for him, the new features in K-3II are worthless.

I surely like to ask him directly why he has bought this camera if he doesn't need neither of this new features, but I don't remember his account from this forum.

At the final, he says that he wouldn't buy the FF for the first 6 month after the launch. Knowing how passional he is, I don't buy this last claim.

07-13-2015, 07:41 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice analysis, Jimmy D. Ed has a certain charm. I like him but do not expect precise information in his videos.
07-13-2015, 10:07 AM   #18
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Frogonastring Quote
Doubly FWIW, Ed at Photouniverse is astonishingly negative about a great many things. I tend to view his videos with a healthy dose of suspicion.
oh, that guy. 30 seconds is too much of him, let alone 9 and a half minutes.
07-14-2015, 01:36 AM   #19
Forum Member

Interesting aside (no disagreements about Ed there, Bryce K!) -

My K3ii is in the "affected" range of serial numbers, but I haven't experienced the problem. I've reached out to Ricoh UK to ask what to do - any advice from you guys; do you think it's worth getting it checked out?

07-14-2015, 05:43 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Frogonastring Quote
Interesting aside (no disagreements about Ed there, Bryce K!) -

My K3ii is in the "affected" range of serial numbers, but I haven't experienced the problem. I've reached out to Ricoh UK to ask what to do - any advice from you guys; do you think it's worth getting it checked out?
A couple of reasons come to mind....
  • If the body decides to lock up, it will happen at the worst possible time - Murphy's Law.
  • On resale in a few years - if you don't keep your bodies forever, it should not be a problem to the buyer.

07-14-2015, 10:57 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A concern is the quality of service, at least in the US. I sent an inquiry to Precision the day the advisory came out and have, as yet, received no response. I asked what I needed to do to get the camera fixed and if they had the parts yet. My camera works fine so I am in no hurry. I am also still in the 30 day return period. I hate returning items but that may be the best solution.