Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-14-2008, 10:51 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Please Help!!!

Hi All:
It's been a while since I've posted on the forum, but I need help bad I just inherited a k10d from my brother and I am having some major issues. I keep getting an error "the image is not stored". This seemed to happen only when I used the flash (now it happens without the flash) then only every other time I turned the camera on (now it happens sometimes, sometimes it doesn't). Now it seems to happen intermittently. I tried it with two cards - one generic, one pqi. I read this may be a problem with the sd card slot. Has anyone else had this problem and solved it without an expensive trip to a Pentax repair location?
Thanks in advance for any help-

Attached Images

06-14-2008, 10:55 AM   #2

Photos: Albums
Just a shot in the dark (sorry for the bad pun!), but did you try formatting the SD card with the camera before taking any pictures?
06-14-2008, 10:58 AM   #3
Ari
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hi Tom-yes-it doesn't seem to help
06-14-2008, 11:44 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ari,
When you pull the card and look at the contacts, do you see any residue on the contacts? Think that the contacks in the camera may be dirty or slightly oxidized. With the battery removed you could put a little electical contact cleaner on the card contacts and the insert it a few times to clean the camera contacts. Let it dry out before installing the battery for testing.

Dave

06-14-2008, 12:50 PM   #5
Ari
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks Big Dave! I was looking around, it seems that there are a few sites that recommend cleaning the contacts in the sd card slot. The kits don't seem too expensive, but I think I may try using contact cleaner. As a note, I read that the current firmware I had (1.2) didn't support 4gb cards. I'm not sure if that's true or not, since I didn't see anything about larger card support in the firmware release notes. I updated to 1.3 anyway. We'll see if that helps

Miss this forum! I have a lot of (unexpected) free time on my hands; looking forward to getting back to reading and posting here!
06-14-2008, 10:57 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I still have the original firmware 1.10 and I have a 4gb SDHC card no problemo

cheers