Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-06-2007, 06:31 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Great new website for workflow AFTER the shot!

http://www.aftercapture.com/

From the Rangefinder magazine folks! LOTS of good information on workflow, post-production, etc. The site launched last night! It's one of my bookmarks and should be one of yours! (Unless you're Ben or Lance or Godfrey!)
Rob W

02-06-2007, 07:01 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Thanks. I've bookmarked and will study it tonight.

Regards,
02-06-2007, 08:47 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for the link Rob, looks like an informative site.

NaCl(and I need all the help I can get)H2O
02-06-2007, 10:31 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Maybe; thanks, but...

I appreciate any photographic link but this one is more debut flashy than actual substance; and the substance that is there is more fizzle than bang.

Work flow is a lot more than simple conversion and culling; yet that is the main thrust of the main article supplied as a PDF. And the photos in that PDF don't inspire much confidence either.

Acrobat is a fully color managed application (Yes I have a full copy), so on a fully color managed system the photos should be spectacular. His ballroom red is cartoon-ish in terms of over saturation and all his brides spent the final few days before their weddings under a broiler?!?!

Thanks for the link, I'll check back later, but for now it remains mostly an unfulfilled promise.

02-06-2007, 12:23 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by macdaddy Quote
(Unless you're Ben or Lance or Godfrey!)
Rob W
Please, Rob - this sort of idol worship turns many good people off to dpreview. Let's not start it up here.
Keep the compliments as responses to their threads.
02-06-2007, 12:31 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by carpents Quote
Please, Rob - this sort of idol worship turns many good people off to dpreview. Let's not start it up here.
Keep the compliments as responses to their threads.
Hardly idol worship! Statement of fact about their levels of experience! THEY could teach US as much or more than the site I referenced, should they choose. However, in the interests of calming all the natives, apologies for any unintended offense to all, and it shan't happen again!
Rob W