Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-14-2015, 06:08 PM - 1 Like   #46
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 27,479
QuoteOriginally posted by farhaddad Quote
I don't have any cameras from Amazon at the time being. All 4 cameras where returned. I still owe Amazon $1000 though. I agree! It looks like Amazon customer service don't care much about what you say and instead they just issue a refund / replacement without understanding the reason of the return.

I bought 2 cameras from B&H. The first one was within the recalled serial range. However B&H replaced the recalled serial and the new camera has no problems whatsoever.
So:
  • You bought six cameras and returned five
  • Three of the five were tested by you as defective. There were no known problems with the other two.
  • Both Amazon and B&H are authorized Ricoh/Pentax N.A. dealers and presumably would have received notice at some point to remove stock from shelves
  • Both Amazon and B&H sent you cameras within the suspect serial number range
  • B&H bore the expense to ship three parcels
  • Amazon bore the expense to ship eight parcels
  • Amazon has closed your account based on your return history
  • The second K-3II purchased from B&H is performing to your satisfaction
  • You owe Amazon $1000
I don't know the significance of the last point, but it would appear that Amazon is the big loser here caused in part by their failure to remove bad stock from inventory. It is also clear that you received reasonable customer service from both vendors.

Cool

Steve

08-14-2015, 06:22 PM   #47
Senior Member




Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Wilsonville
Photos: Albums
Posts: 226
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Wait a minute, so you have had in your hands SIX k-3II's?? And kept one? That is amazing. I think most people would have given up and just bought something else. But how can you still owe Amazon $1,000 if you returned the cameras? And how did they let you get away with that?
Unfortunately, I don't even own that one! It is for my friend. I really liked the K3II and I wanted it to work. I would say I was unlucky, although this is the first time in my life that I buy something that is defective. Even the things that I bought second hand and refurbished always worked well for me. I bought the camera twice from Amazon because they've sent me an email telling me that they can't replace it twice and that I have to order it again if I want it. So I paid for the first camera replaced it then returned it, then the second camera and I replaced it then eventually returned it. So total is 4 from Amazon. I meant to say that Amazon still didn't credit me for the last return even though it's been 12 days since I've returned it.[COLOR="Silver"]


QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
So:
  • You bought six cameras and returned five
  • Three of the five were tested by you as defective. There were no known problems with the other two.
  • Both Amazon and B&H are authorized Ricoh/Pentax N.A. dealers and presumably would have received notice at some point to remove stock from shelves
  • Both Amazon and B&H sent you cameras within the suspect serial number range
  • B&H bore the expense to ship three parcels
  • Amazon bore the expense to ship eight parcels
  • Amazon has closed your account based on your return history
  • The second K-3II purchased from B&H is performing to your satisfaction
  • You owe Amazon $1000
I don't know the significance of the last point, but it would appear that Amazon is the big loser here caused in part by their failure to remove bad stock from inventory. It is also clear that you received reasonable customer service from both vendors.

Cool

Steve
Yes,, I bought 6 camera and I've returned 5. B&H fixed their stock but I doubt Amazon did. They kept shipping and returning and each time I reported the issue they assured me that they've took a note. This is the last chat I had with Amazon's customer care. Sorry, I meant to say that Amazon owe me $1000 and that they've still did not credit me for my last return.

QuoteQuote:
Hello,
Here's a copy of the chat transcript you requested:

Initial Question: Please read carefully and understand before you reply back. This is the 4th camera that I've received with the same issue. Amazon is paying for both send and return shipping rather than solving the main problem. This camera, Pentax K3II, was recalled by the manufacture a month ago. Amazon stock is still old! All camera shops including Adorama and B&H postponed orders for this camera until they got a new stock from the manufacture to avoid what is happening with Amazon. Today I've received my 4th replacement and not only I received an affected serial # camera that has been recalled by the manufacture but rather I received a used camera with a the same defect and obviously it has been returned by someone. This is very important to report and avoid repeating with other customers. I can see that this camera is being offered by Amazon warehouse with more than $250 discounts. These cameras were recalled and they have a problem that can't be replicated unless the camera is used for several hours and Amazon is listing them as problem free.

12:37 PM PDT Satvir(Amazon): Hello, my name is Satvir. I'm here to help you today.
12:39 PM PDT Satvir: I am really sorry to know you received a defective item,I will surely help you to resolve this issue.
12:40 PM PDT farhaddad: Thank you. It is important to report this issue though. I can see from the listed items in your warehouse that the returns on this item are high
12:42 PM PDT Satvir: I appreciate you feedback and definitely forward your feedback to the concerned department,
12:42 PM PDT farhaddad: Thank you
12:43 PM PDT Satvir: I would request you to please return the item for full refund.
12:43 PM PDT farhaddad: I will
12:43 PM PDT Satvir: Would you like me to create a return label for you?
12:44 PM PDT farhaddad: yes please
12:44 PM PDT Satvir: Please wait let me create it.
12:48 PM PDT Satvir: Thanks for waiting.
12:48 PM PDT farhaddad: Thank you for your help
12:49 PM PDT Satvir: I have successfully created a return label for you ,You will receive a confirmation E-mail from amazon.
12:50 PM PDT Satvir: Once we received the item back we will refund the full amount in your original payment method.
12:50 PM PDT farhaddad: Thank you
12:50 PM PDT Satvir: My pleasure.
Is there anything else I can do for you today?
12:51 PM PDT farhaddad: That is all. Again, thank you for your help. Have a good one
12:51 PM PDT Satvir: You are most welcome.
Thank you for contacting Amazon. Please click on the "End Chat" to close this window.
Thank you.

Last edited by farhaddad; 08-14-2015 at 06:39 PM.
08-14-2015, 07:00 PM   #48
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 27,479
QuoteOriginally posted by farhaddad Quote
Sorry, I meant to say that Amazon owe me $1000 and that they've still did not credit me for my last return.
What a story! I just noticed that you live in Wilsonville. If that is Wilsonville, Oregon, could have just bought the K-3II from Camera World in Portland. They will price match B&H and you could have tested the camera in the store.


Steve
08-14-2015, 07:16 PM   #49
Senior Member




Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Wilsonville
Photos: Albums
Posts: 226
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
What a story! I just noticed that you live in Wilsonville. If that is Wilsonville, Oregon, could have just bought the K-3II from Camera World in Portland. They will price match B&H and you could have tested the camera in the store.


Steve
Yes, it is Wilsonville, Oregon. I didn't know that anyone here would carry Pentax locally! I am waiting for the rest of the money to move to Fujifilm XT1 but I also bough Pentax K50 last week and received it yesterday. I am going to use it with old K mount lenses. I found good lenses in our local Goodwill and I already have 2 old K mount lenses. I like the K50 but it can't be compared to the K3II! The good members here suggested that I get K3 and that what I was going for since it is basically the same as K3II but the I so the Fujifilm with a friend and I've used it for 2 days. I really like it! Still you never know what would be next after the K50 for me.

08-14-2015, 07:28 PM   #50
Pentaxian
Not a Number's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Venice, CA
Posts: 4,263
If Amazon gave you a return shipping label then there will be tracking on it. I always get a receipt from FedEx or UPS when I drop off a package for returns so I can track it. If tracking shows the package was received then get on Amazon's case about your refund. Failing that contact you credit card company and file a dispute.

As far as closing your account just about any other retailer would do the same give a return history such as yours.
08-14-2015, 07:38 PM   #51
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 20,450
If I was the OP I might consider amending my thread title to something like, "Amazon sent me a recalled K-3II, Again!!".
08-14-2015, 07:52 PM   #52
Senior Member




Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Wilsonville
Photos: Albums
Posts: 226
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
If Amazon gave you a return shipping label then there will be tracking on it. I always get a receipt from FedEx or UPS when I drop off a package for returns so I can track it. If tracking shows the package was received then get on Amazon's case about your refund. Failing that contact you credit card company and file a dispute.

As far as closing your account just about any other retailer would do the same give a return history such as yours.
I have a receipt and a tracking number. Amazon received the camera 4 days ago. Usually, Amazon send me an email to confirm that they've received the return in the same day. I still didn't get that! I'll wait until Monday and I will file a dispute. I don't believe it is fair to close an account when you receive 4 defective cameras. I used to buy everything from Amazon. I spent more than 20 thousands on their website this year alone and I've been a prime member since they've started the service. I have over 300 books on Kindle and over 10000 mp3 songs. I use them for backup and I use their AWS service for my clients. My returns are probably less than 2% of my purchases. I sent them to more understand what is going on. They'll probably open my account but now after this, I'll have to find a new place for my business.

---------- Post added 08-14-15 at 08:03 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
If I was the OP I might consider amending my thread title to something like, "Amazon sent me a recalled K-3II, Again!!".
Feel free to change it to what ever you desire you're a moderator.

Although it is all about Amazon, I believe it is Ricoh's fault. After all Amazon is paying for shipping and returning and they sell the cameras in there warehouse section for cheap. Yes, I know that B&H and others have dealt with the issue in a better manner but you can't deny that all what is going is the reason of the offers on K3II's price that you see now. $1099 to $850 in less than 6 months!
08-14-2015, 08:20 PM   #53
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 20,450
QuoteOriginally posted by farhaddad Quote
Feel free to change it to what ever you desire you're a moderator.
I am? My User Block isn't blue.

You understand I'm empathetic, right? Yes, a number of first-run bodies had a faulty supplier component. Sucks to buy something and immediately find out you need to send it back for a repair.

Pentax recalled the affected serials and offered warranty repair. They pre-positioned parts at Precision. Repair turnaround is reported to be less than 2 weeks. Flat Rate USPS insured shipping costs $13.80. Life isn't perfect.

After that - it seems to me, anyway - your argument is with Amazon, not Pentax. Pentax recalled the cameras but Amazon did what Amazon does - they simply recycled the new-condition return merch, then they closed your account and left you holding the bag for $1000, so your Thread Title and repeated 'updates' seem mis-aimed.

In just the last few hours you've gone from three cameras to six unless I haven't taken the time to read the entire thread carefully. What did Pentax have to do with anything after the second camera?

And FWIW, new cameras always drop in price after a few months - that's part of the game. The $1,099 price is the Early Adopter penalty. Lot's of buyers wait for the first price drop - which we're in right now. It's normal.

08-14-2015, 08:29 PM   #54
Pentaxian
Not a Number's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Venice, CA
Posts: 4,263
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
In just the last few hours you've gone from three cameras to six unless I haven't taken the time to read the entire thread carefully. What did Pentax have to do with anything after the second camera?
How does the saying go? "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me"
08-14-2015, 08:31 PM   #55
Senior Member




Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Wilsonville
Photos: Albums
Posts: 226
Original Poster
I thought you're a moderator for some reason!

I can't think of Pentax contacting B&H and not Amazon. B&H knew how to deal with the issue in a better way. They simply didn't ship until they got the new stock. Do I blame Amazon? Hell yeah! But again, If Pentax handled the issue in a better way, all that could have been avoided. Why do you think B&H handled this issue better than Amazon?

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I am? My User Block isn't blue.

You understand I'm empathetic, right? Yes, a number of first-run bodies had a faulty supplier component. Sucks to buy something and immediately find out you need to send it back for a repair.

Pentax recalled the affected serials and offered warranty repair. They pre-positioned parts at Precision. Repair turnaround is reported to be less than 2 weeks. Flat Rate USPS insured shipping costs $13.80. Life isn't perfect.

After that - it seems to me, anyway - your argument is with Amazon, not Pentax. Pentax recalled the cameras but Amazon did what Amazon does - they simply recycled the new-condition return merch, so your Thread Title and repeated 'updates' seem mis-aimed.

In just the last few hours you've gone from three cameras to six unless I haven't taken the time to read the entire thread carefully. What did Pentax have to do with anything after the second camera?
08-14-2015, 08:37 PM   #56
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 20,450
QuoteOriginally posted by farhaddad Quote
I thought you're a moderator for some reason!

I can't think of Pentax contacting B&H and not Amazon. B&H knew how to deal with the issue in a better way. They simply didn't ship until they got the new stock. Do I blame Amazon? Hell yeah! But again, If Pentax handled the issue in a better way, all that could have been avoided. Why do you think B&H handled this issue better than Amazon?
Well maybe that describes the difference between Jeff Bezos and a family of Orthodox Jews in New York.
08-14-2015, 08:44 PM   #57
Senior Member




Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Wilsonville
Photos: Albums
Posts: 226
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Well maybe that describes the difference between Jeff Bezos and a family of Orthodox Jews in New York.
Maybe!
08-14-2015, 10:03 PM   #58
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 27,479
QuoteOriginally posted by farhaddad Quote
Yes, it is Wilsonville, Oregon. I didn't know that anyone here would carry Pentax locally!
Camera World in downtown Portland generally has a pretty good selection of bodies, but usually a minimal selection of lenses.


Steve
08-14-2015, 10:29 PM   #59
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 27,479
QuoteOriginally posted by farhaddad Quote
If Pentax handled the issue in a better way, all that could have been avoided. Why do you think B&H handled this issue better than Amazon?
I will field the answer for Monochrome.

Rumor has it that Pentax issued a general recall notice to all of its authorized dealers. This is unprecedented for the brand as far as I know. B&H responded to the order, but still a few cameras were shipped before the stock could be pulled and online sales "turned off". They did not resume sales until the new stock arrived and their customer service reps were very active in making sure that people got good stock. Amazon, on the other hand...


Steve
08-14-2015, 11:24 PM   #60
Pentaxian
Not a Number's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Venice, CA
Posts: 4,263
If you saw how Amazon's warehouses work you might have some food for thought. Add low paid and temp workers and a level of "funkiness" such as a turkey call instead of the typical factory whistle/bell/horn for shifts - you get the idea.

B&H is still considered a family owned business.

Closed Thread

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
account, amazon, camera, cameras, content, customer, decision, dslr, issue, k-3ii, k-5iis, k3ii, macro, message, package, pentax, photography, pm, refunds, service, shutter count, specialist, sr, stock, time
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello again (I'm back!) from Costa Rica rburgoss Welcomes and Introductions 9 09-17-2014 07:33 PM
Looks like I'm coming back (again) Lurch Welcomes and Introductions 5 08-12-2014 04:04 AM
I'm waiting for my K-30 to come in mail. Did I get the WR 18-55mm lens?? spectamaniac Pentax K-30 & K-50 4 02-15-2013 03:42 AM
Sadly returning my K-5 kenafein Pentax K-5 20 12-12-2011 04:32 PM
I'm an uncle, again :) vievetrick Post Your Photos! 8 01-22-2008 08:56 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:57 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top