Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-30-2015, 02:13 PM   #1
Site Supporter

K3 & K5IIs battery grips

Anybody else confused on why they would swap the location of the green button and the af button on the two battery grips for these two models. I often use these two bodies together during my studio sessions and use back button focusing. When I switch from one body to the next I'm always hitting the wrong button to focus, what were they thinking! So stupid.

07-30-2015, 03:16 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I'd guess it's because of where the "AF" button on the body of the k-3 is compared to where it is on the k5iis, they moved it up and sort of in between the green button and the shutter. The placement on the k3's grip seems to reflect this.

Even without the grips I'd say that relocation of the AF button would drive me batty if I tried to use both models at once.
07-31-2015, 06:12 AM   #3

I would have been much happier if they put the AF button to the right of the wheel like the way it is on the K-3 body... with just the AF and green button on the grips, I feel this is a lazy attempt with their grips. Try something different! I'd hope the upcoming FF grip has more bells and whistles..

With that said, I definitely have to make conscious efforts to know where the buttons are on the two cameras because I use a K-5 and K-3 as well.
07-31-2015, 02:08 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ron_Man Quote
I would have been much happier if they put the AF button to the right of the wheel like the way it is on the K-3 body... with just the AF and green button on the grips, I feel this is a lazy attempt with their grips.
I've the same complaint about the k5iis grip, I'd find the AF button on the grip much quicker it it was offset to the right just a smidge like it is on the body. This may be a minor complaint but it would have been much nicer if they matched up the locations of the included buttons exactly to the respective bodies.

They could definitely do with some polishing