Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-07-2015, 08:02 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
New K-3II from Amazon

I thought it might be helpful to let you know I just received my new K-3 II from Amazon and the serial number is not within the recall parameters (lower than #6206660*) so I am delighted I don't have to go through the repair process. I was waiting as long as possible before ordering but finally just pulled the trigger. I'm upgrading from a K-5. I'm about to go on a three week trip to Chicago then Michigan UP and Wisconsin where I plan to take plenty of photos which I will post here. I've spent the day customizing the settings and studying the manual. Initial tests are very pleasing. AF response is amazing - even in near dark conditions compared w K-5. I'll post some pics in a couple of days.

08-08-2015, 08:01 AM   #2

Photos: Albums
Congratulation on your new purchase. Take the camera packaging with me just in case you needed to return the camera while away from home. I got four cameras from Amazon and one of them had the shutdown issue even though it was not within the recalled serial numbers. Shoot with the GPS turned on all the time and try to shutdown your camera when possible. Good luck.