Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-16-2019, 03:48 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by luismpg Quote
Thans for your explanation. Actually after a long study of YN-560 IV, realize that doesn't have P-TTL.

Regarding Yongnuo, there isn't any model for pentax with TTL. So I've decided to not buy this brand. I've decidel to look for a Metz Flash (52 AF 1) or a Cactus RF60. I'll decide for one of this units flash

Best regards. And thanks

---------- Post added 01-13-16 at 11:18 AM ----------

Thanks, I've seen this model i'ts a good choice, and TT 850 is too.
regards
You'll need a flash extension mount when using Yongnou 560 flash models on the k-3ii. Firstly the k-3ii prism size increased to accommodate the GPS. Secondly all Yongnou flashes have a sort of extended body towards the base making it impossible to mount the flash on the k-3ii. The extension mounts are available and Pentax has one. I have one and I use it when using my 560ii on my k-3ii.

As for PTTL, you can buy the 565EX. Yongnou made it for Pentax cameras. You won't have issues mounting it on the k-3ii. But, I still recommend using the extension mount as the clearance between the flash and body is still minimal. A slight press will still push the flash towards the prism. And, I wouldn't want to scratch my camera. 565Ex costs a little more but it's a gray flash for its features and its price.

Last edited by totsmuyco; 02-16-2019 at 04:01 PM.
06-22-2020, 02:59 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sorry to resurrect an old post, but I just realized that my new K-3II won't mount any of my YN-560III or IV flashes... Has anyone found a cheap adapter solution, or am I better off getting another flash, like the YN-585 EX? It doesn't look like the 585 can work as a master for radio control, so that's a bit of a bummer. Should I invest in a radio controller instead? I'm open to any ideas, cause I have a big photoshoot coming up in a bit over a month, and I need to get my ducks in a row before then.
06-22-2020, 03:00 PM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by 12345 Quote
Sorry to resurrect an old post, but I just realized that my new K-3II won't mount any of my YN-560III or IV flashes... Has anyone found a cheap adapter solution, or am I better off getting another flash, like the YN-585 EX? It doesn't look like the 585 can work as a master for radio control, so that's a bit of a bummer. Should I invest in a radio controller instead? I'm open to any ideas, cause I have a big photoshoot coming up in a bit over a month, and I need to get my ducks in a row before then.
Any links to actual solutions where I can buy it would be appreciated. I've seen various "adapters" mentioned in this thread, but I don't know exactly what is being referred to, or where to buy it. Thanks in advance!
06-23-2020, 04:01 AM   #34
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
This is what I bought so that I could use my old Yongnou 565II. It's a Pentax original extension and it's a little pricey compared to generic the ones. I believe generic extensions can be bought on Ebay. I just don't know which brands are compatible with Pentax. I would recommend the 585EX. I have one and it fits the k-3II well. As I've stated, it's still best to use and extension mount as the clearance on the prism is quite close. Good luck on your choice.

Attached Images

06-23-2020, 11:27 AM   #35
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by 12345 Quote
Sorry to resurrect an old post, but I just realized that my new K-3II won't mount any of my YN-560III or IV flashes
No problem bumping this thread to life again. I was unaware that the fit issue extended to the IV version when paired with the K-3II. That sucks. I have the YN560 III and it is very tight on my K-3 and while the IV will definitely fit my camera, the K-3II prism profile is just a bit steeper.

Radio wireless might be a good solution. Adorama is offering a close-out on the RF-603N II as two unit kit (includes a cable that you can't use) for $32 USD. The Nikon version will wake up on shutter half-press and provides basic remote firing to all your YN560 flashes and a pass-through shoe. I bought the kit to use for radio wireless shutter release.* That said, I also have a YN560-TXII that would allow one full control your speedlights from the camera that is available for $41 USD. Again, the Nikon version will wake up on half-press. The TXII on hot shoe with the flash on bracket might work nicely.

Sadly, no Yongnuo controller accepts PC for sync input.

https://www.adorama.com/ynrf603iin1.html

https://www.adorama.com/yn560txnii.html

Steve

* Requires a separate male-male 2.5mm cable for remote shutter, but those are cheap.

Last edited by stevebrot; 06-23-2020 at 12:06 PM.