Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-11-2015, 09:17 AM   #1

Ken Rockwell K3 Review

Every now and again I'll read Ken's reviews. I always take them with a grain of salt. But he has now shown himself to be thoroughly clueless. Please read the follow excerpt from his K3ii review:

"If you already own a slew of old SMC Pentax-A manual-focus lenses, you will have to focus manually, but exposure can be fully automatic. You will need to get new lenses if you want to go really wide since this camera has a much smaller sensor than 35mm film, and forget it if you have lenses older than SMC-A since exposure becomes a pain..."

Ok, Ken...
  • So, are you saying that you'll have to focus manually with a MANUAL FOCUS lens? Dear, God! Say it ain't so!
  • Really wide? What is that exactly... like 3mm? Because you wanna stand 2 feet away from a mile wide mountain side and get the whole thing in one shot? Idiot.
  • But this last one about the lenses older than SMC... I can't even begin. What a moron.

Like most of you, I've read my share of reviews on Pentax gear. Some are well written and quite comprehensive in their discussion of the Pros and Cons of our beloved K Mount machines. Others are simply half-assed and wreak of "Canon/Nikon" fanboi delusions. But that Rockwell review, specifically the enclosed quote, is perhaps the dumbest, most wickedly uninformed statement I've read to date.

The whole review here:
Pentax K3 II Review

ugh!

Last edited by strangeboy; 08-11-2015 at 09:19 AM. Reason: mispelling
08-11-2015, 09:19 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
We've already done this thread.
08-11-2015, 09:20 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for that... And I'm sure everyone on this forum saw it.
08-11-2015, 09:50 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
now, now, 5492 views and counting isn't all that bad...
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/172-pentax-k-3/300027-ken-rockwell-k3ii.html
It's in the K-3 subforum.

I wholly agree with your point of view by the way.
Manual lenses are perfectly fine when there's Nikon written on them...

08-11-2015, 09:52 AM   #5
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
closed
Closed Thread