Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
08-17-2015, 09:31 AM   #31
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dcBear78 Quote
With 2kg of lens stuck to the front of it. I really don't understand the light camera fad when you then stick fast full frame lens on the front of it?
It's why the Q system makes much more sense to me.

08-17-2015, 11:15 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The only way to get 2kg with mirrorless is by having some massive lens; I wasn't talking about that.

For people who use a camera "casually" but want a really high performance (e.g. a K3 with a 16-85) a mirrorless camera can actually halve the weight of the whole thing.
08-17-2015, 12:21 PM   #33
Inactive Account

Location: Planet Earth, Sol system, Milky Way galaxy, Universe
QuoteOriginally posted by dcBear78 Quote
With 2kg of lens stuck to the front of it. I really don't understand the light camera fad when you then stick fast full frame lens on the front of it?
I've heard wide-angle lenses can be smaller on mirrorless cameras because they don't need retrofocus elements. But yeah, fullframe mirrorless wouldn't be my choice as well. M4/3 however makes sense to me.
04-15-2022, 07:58 AM   #34

Having just acquired a Pentax K3 camera I am in the process of discovering all it's settings. In so doing I have discovered the TAV mode IS exclusive to Pentax. Basically it allows you to adjust the shutter speed and aperture setting whilst the ISO remains fixed. I haven't tried it yet, but my inclination is that it might be very useful as a halfway house between Aperture Priority & Manual.

04-15-2022, 08:37 AM   #35
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RN Snaps Quote
Having just acquired a Pentax K3 camera I am in the process of discovering all it's settings. In so doing I have discovered the TAV mode IS exclusive to Pentax. Basically it allows you to adjust the shutter speed and aperture setting whilst the ISO remains fixed. I haven't tried it yet, but my inclination is that it might be very useful as a halfway house between Aperture Priority & Manual.
Not quite … TAv allows the adjustment of shutter speed or aperture setting whilst automatically changing the ISO to give a correct exposure!
The ISO certainly does NOT remain fixed, unless it's been configured to do so!
It's Manual Mode (or Hyper Program) that allows the changing of aperture or shutter speed without changing the ISO.
Whilst TAv may be "unique" to Pentax by name, it's basically Manual Mode with an auto option for ISO, was implemented as such by Pentax themselves on the K-01 and is certainly widely available on Canon DSLRs … I've no experience of other brands.
Enjoy your camera