Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-17-2008, 08:28 PM   #1

LBA Hit me hard!!!!

I haven't been on the forum for like 3-4 months... I still took picture but then I came back to this forum -- and woke up early this past Saturday and put a dent in my piggy bank.. I don't know what possess me to grab the 50-135mm...

But I can't wait!!! 2 more days of waiting...

06-17-2008, 08:30 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Make sure the piggy bank has double dead locks and is made from steel LOL

LBA can always find a way in

Post some when you have a chance b4 LBA strikes again

cheers
06-18-2008, 12:16 AM   #3
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's hard to live with LBA.
But I'm sure 50-135 will be worth it...
06-18-2008, 12:44 AM   #4
Veteran Member

My favourite focal lengths! Dammit, that has to be my favourite lens.

Lucky your piggy bank is (was) full!

06-18-2008, 02:32 AM   #5

crap... you've just activated my LBA

and i just got my 10-17 fisheye....
06-18-2008, 04:52 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by nakey Quote
crap... you've just activated my LBA

and i just got my 10-17 fisheye....

LOL >.>!
Amazon FREE SUPER Saver s/h is a load of crap. Last year when I get that the stuff would ship the next day and come within 2-3 days. Now -- I order saturday -- they won't ship it till this thursday.. I call them yesterday and upgrade to 2 days and now it will be here on thursday. I constantly check the stupid tracking knowning that it probably won't help -- but I can't help it! This forum is UBER expensive --- last night I bought a bag of random old vintage lens on ebay too!!
06-18-2008, 05:33 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by johnyeros Quote
LOL >.>!
Here I was hoping that this would be an anime-smiley-free forums. :ugh: I guess internet culture is invading all parts of the web.
06-18-2008, 06:28 AM   #8
Veteran Member

the advantage of living in NJ is that B&H regular shipping gets here in 1 day...

LBA is dangerous. Hanging out here and other such sites is dangerous. The dangers are twofold: pocketbook and having Too Much Stuff to use.

Simply doing a ton of photography within the limits of your current equipment may postpone the next LBA attack...

06-20-2008, 06:31 PM   #9

LBA is real......and it gets expensive.......i have the ability to work all the overtime i want during certain times of the year.....i have a deal with my wife ot is mine as long as i spend a little on her every now and then.....i spend the rest on photography so the more i want the more i work. she gets the paycheck and i get to play,

Rick
06-20-2008, 06:46 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Simply doing a ton of photography within the limits of your current equipment may postpone the next LBA attack...
I'm thinking the same thing, although there are still a couple of lenses on my "must have" list that I have left to get--the Sigma 10-20 and either the FA or A 50/1.4. On my "maybe" list is the DA21. After I finish the "must have" list, I'll have 10-300mm covered in zooms, plus the 50 for low-light, plus the DA35 and A100/4 for macro/closeup stuff. That should be sufficient. The main reason I'd want to get the DA21 would be to expand my prime range for when I don't want to carry the 17-70.

I've also started a list of "might consider a good ways down the road". A good ways down the road would most likely mean after upgrading my body and/or my computer (PC to Mac). Those include either the Tamron or Sigma 70-200/2.8 and the DA* 50-135.

I think I've developed a case of BBS--Book Buying Syndrome. I'm getting rid of some of my older photography books to make room for newer ones.

I think that the worst of my GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) has passed.
I might get an even smaller bag than the Domke and I wouldn't mind having a Wacom Bamboo Fun Tablet, either.
Amazon.com: Bamboo Fun (Small) Black Tablet with Pen, Mouse & Graphics Software: Electronics.

Heather