Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-26-2015, 12:11 PM   #31
Site Supporter

What camera system did you have prior to Pentax or is this your first camera ?

08-26-2015, 12:52 PM   #32
Lev

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
2 days still? Ooh man... that wait's gotta be tough...

So did you decide on any primes yet?
It's like waiting forever, day is like year. I'm counting every single hour 😃

That 55mm 1.4 is just beautiful! what do you think? but there are so many of them, it's really difficult to choose. Would be nice to check all of them in place.

---------- Post added 08-26-15 at 01:04 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by hjoseph7 Quote
What camera system did you have prior to Pentax or is this your first camera ?
I had experience primarely with Canon, little bit with Nikon. These two brands are only brands here locally. I'm sure if I'll ask for Pentax at any local store here I will get a big question in response "what?".

I was searching for camera months, wanted to buy Sony A77 II at the very begining, then I found you guys 😃

Yes, this is my first camera yep
08-26-2015, 01:47 PM   #33
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Lev Quote
It's like waiting forever, day is like year. I'm counting every single hour 😃

That 55mm 1.4 is just beautiful! what do you think? but there are so many of them, it's really difficult to choose. Would be nice to check all of them in place.
The 55mm is a beauty! Great IQ and bokeh at any f-stop. But it's more geared towards portraits, is that something you plan to do a lot?

QuoteQuote:
Yes, this is my first camera yep
In this case, wait a little bit before investing further. Use the 16-85 and the 55-300 and pay attention to the focal lengths that you use the most. After a while, see if you can improve on those kinds of pictures by using a prime. But first use what you got. It's a learning curve, so don't try to get yourself frustrated by putting too many variables into this at once. It's supposed to be an enjoyable hobby, not something you get frustrated with because you're lost in a myriad of different things that you have to learn at once!
08-26-2015, 02:20 PM   #34
Lev

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
The 55mm is a beauty! Great IQ and bokeh at any f-stop. But it's more geared towards portraits, is that something you plan to do a lot?

In this case, wait a little bit before investing further. Use the 16-85 and the 55-300 and pay attention to the focal lengths that you use the most. After a while, see if you can improve on those kinds of pictures by using a prime. But first use what you got. It's a learning curve, so don't try to get yourself frustrated by putting too many variables into this at once. It's supposed to be an enjoyable hobby, not something you get frustrated with because you're lost in a myriad of different things that you have to learn at once!
Not a lot, family, friends, I'm not somehow dedicated to any style of shooting, but very much interested to shoot distant objects.

Thanks for your advice, indeed it was very valuable for me.

Anyway, have not enough funds to buy everything at once so 😃

08-27-2015, 11:41 AM   #35
Lev

Original Poster
Guys, it's here, but how come I've just found this recall announcment info with serial numbers... mine is 6192219. Everything is working, with gps, without it. The camera turns off, tried dozens
08-27-2015, 04:38 PM   #36
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Lev Quote
My first K-3 II, my first HD 16-85 and my first HD 55-300 are on it's way!!!

You can congrat, say pros an' cos of my choice, etc... 😃
Great combo. You are going to really enjoy your new camera.

Steve
08-27-2015, 10:50 PM   #37
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I bought the 16-85 mm as a kit with the Pentax K-3 II, and I was astounded by how sharp the lens is at all apertures.
09-04-2015, 07:13 AM   #38
Lev

Original Poster
Well guys, regardless of an incident with my first body and hoping that my second copy will be 100% good, I'd like to say little bit something about it. When you hold K3, first thing coming to your mind is that like all iron mining works on the earth have been done just to make you feel this strong shapes all around the body, no matter how you hold it. There were not so many cameras in my life but I've seen Nikon 600, 800, Canon 600, 6D, 5D Mk2, Sony A7.... Of course they are all good from their perspective but with K3 it's like you're holding mauser! I liked it very much.

What I also liked very much:

Beautiful viewfinder
Coverage! It's like FF camera and it's shines even more when armed with 16-85 lense (this lense is just fantastic by the way).

Low light
I can imagine what this camera is able to do in low light conditions when some prime lense is attached to it because even at F5,6 and handhelded, I can still make sharp images in dark environment. amazing!

Autofocus
I can't say that it's worlds best but it's pretty cool. I was surprised how sensitive it is, the autofocus assist light starts working only in very dark spots. It's good I like to shoot stills and don't care much about video mode because AF in video mode is poor.

Screen
well, I'm not a big fan of tiltable screens, as to me it somehow forces you to be very easy to not brake it. I think cameras without tiltable screens are somehow more durable than those with it IMO. The angle of view of this rear screen is just unbelievable!

So, this is my first thoughts about K3. It is really fantastic camera.

By the way, have you noticed this, I was playing with live view at night and discovered that if you turn on Focus Peaking and change to live view, dependinog on light conditions, there will be sensor noises filled all over the LCD. I've seen this many times on other cameras but I didn't know that this was related to focus peaking. what do you think?

16-85 Lense is just brilliant, it is worth of every dollar I gave for it. I was afraid that I'll miss that 85-135 range but not so much. K3 with this lense looks beautiful, don't even want to take it off for 55-300, Maybe I'll keep second body?

Last edited by Lev; 09-04-2015 at 09:09 AM.
09-04-2015, 01:38 PM   #39
Lev

Original Poster
Some smearing....

My daughter looks at very strange moving carousel