Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-28-2015, 04:07 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Pentax Australia - social media pages dead

In stark contrast to Pentax elsewhere, Pentax Australia's public social media pages have all been dead a month or more:

Last update 4 weeks ago - https://instagram.com/pentaxaustralia/
Last update July 25 - https://www.facebook.com/PentaxSnaps
Last update July 25 - https://twitter.com/pentaxaustralia

I wonder if that simply means the Pentax Australia social media manager is on holiday, or if something else is afoot?

Note: I don't have accounts on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, so maybe only the public posts are dead. Can someone who has, for example, a FB account confirm the current update status of the FB pages?

08-28-2015, 04:15 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
In stark contrast to Pentax elsewhere, Pentax Australia's public social media pages have all been dead a month or more:

Last update 4 weeks ago - https://instagram.com/pentaxaustralia/
Last update July 25 - https://www.facebook.com/PentaxSnaps
Last update July 25 - https://twitter.com/pentaxaustralia

I wonder if that simply means the Pentax Australia social media manager is on holiday, or if something else is afoot?

Note: I don't have accounts on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, so maybe only the public posts are dead. Can someone who has, for example, a FB account confirm the current update status of the FB pages?
instagram is all or nothing, if they made the account private, the only people who can see it are current followers, so no one would see any posts at all. I think it just hasnt been updated in a while. it is spring/summer there now, right, maybe a holiday?
08-28-2015, 04:16 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Perhaps they're in the process of migrating everything to "Ricoh Australia"

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-28-2015, 04:19 PM   #4
Veteran Member

FB page was last posted to on the 25th July.
But they are in the process of relocating so I guess that's why they seem quiet at the moment.

They are advertising discount demo products on the Australian Pentax Buy/Sell group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/AustPentaxBuyandSell/

Attached Images

08-28-2015, 04:24 PM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Murfy Quote
it is spring/summer there now, right, ?

No. Middle of winter.
08-28-2015, 04:33 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.Ledger Quote
FB page was last posted to on the 25th July.
But they are in the process of relocating so I guess that's why they seem quiet at the moment.
Thanks for the info. The Pentax Australia (CRK) headquarters is in Melbourne. But the fact that the Sydney office is evidently liquidating all it's K-mount stock is rather interesting.
08-28-2015, 04:33 PM   #7

Thanks for the links. Some useful background for a possible Pentax Forums story.

08-28-2015, 05:04 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nakedgun Quote
No. Middle of winter.
No, it's spring here in 3 days.

---------- Post added 08-29-15 at 10:05 AM ----------

Thanks for the info. The Pentax Australia (CRK) headquarters is in Melbourne. But the fact that the Sydney office is evidently liquidating all it's K-mount stock is rather interesting.
'ex-demo' stock.
A Silver K-3 with grip went for AUD$700 a few days ago.
08-28-2015, 05:13 PM   #9
Veteran Member

No, it's spring here in 3 days.

---------- Post added 08-29-15 at 10:05 AM ----------

'ex-demo' stock.
A Silver K-3 with grip went for AUD$700 a few days ago.
I thought it was early spring. I have a friend in new zealand. just wasn't sure how extreme the weather is. we can have 'summer' well into late fall.
08-28-2015, 06:48 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Don't read too much into the huge discount on the K-mount stock by the CRK Sydney office, those are their showroom cabinet stock to show dealers/potential buyers, they are selling them for cheap because they have sold their current office building and will be moving into a new location just down the road in a month's time, the block around their current office has been developed into apartments, and maybe the developer made them a sweet offer on the remaining block of land, they just don't want to carry these stuff over to the new site. There were so many stuff just lying around in the office, I was tempted to make an offer on one of the DJI drones on the sales rep's desk but unfortunately they are not part of the discounted stock

It was total pandemonium on the Aussie Pentax sale/buy page in the last few days, CRK Sydney released so many good stuff at great prices, bummer I missed out of the Fisheye and the flash but did managed to snapped up that K-3 woohoo! Thanks Steve :P Also picked up a few other goodies when I went to their office to pick it up. They still have the 15/35/40 Limiteds and the flashes when I was there, but not sure what happened after I left.

A little heads up if you are lusting for a silver DA 20-40 Limited, Michael just found one of the earliest production sample in the remaining stock, but he was busy that day so he was not able to list it on FB yet, just shoot him an email with an offer and I am pretty sure you will be first in line to get it
08-28-2015, 07:05 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by elpolodiablo Quote
Don't read too much into the huge discount on the K-mount stock by the CRK Sydney office
Thanks for that info. Useful stuff.

But I still sense a disturbance in the Force.
08-28-2015, 07:13 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Thanks for that info. Useful stuff.

But I still sense a disturbance in the Force.
New Star Wars movie will be release later this year, so is the Pentax FF, hmmm, I don't see a connection here at all.
08-28-2015, 08:51 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by elpolodiablo Quote
....but did managed to snapped up that K-3 woohoo! Thanks Steve :P.
LOL, no worries Eric. I wasn't going to let that pass because I'd have been so p*ssed if that was me!!
Glad it got sorted...
08-28-2015, 09:19 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

No, it's spring here in 3 days.[COLOR="Silver"]

If your calender indicates such, it is rather out of line with the Northern Hemisphere's reckoning of seasons based on celestial mechanics, where the solstices and equinoxes determine observed changes.

Is this so?
08-28-2015, 09:59 PM   #15
Pentaxian

Yes. In Australia we reckon seasons by calendar month. Summer is Dec-Feb, Autumn March-May, etc. As a professional astrophysicist, I'm totally aware that some northern hemisphere countries start their season at the equinoxes and solstices, but for the life of me, I can't see the logic in winter STARTING at the solstice rather than being centred then.

This month-related definition for the seasons is actually more in line with the weather patterns in most parts of the world (including Australia) than is the solstice/equinox definition.