Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-10-2015, 06:12 AM - 2 Likes   #166
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
What is is incredible to me is that you take a lot of images you say Pentax fans would be interested in taking, and then post a long series of photos, of which there are thousands of photos posted on this site, as good or better. I'm not really sure what your point is.
You told me to post images !!!!! I did it because you basically called me One Dimentional. for the Love of God!!!! do you even pay attention to what you are typing in your posts!!!!

---------- Post added 09-10-15 at 09:16 AM ----------

But, since you use both systems, how about taking some time to post a few pictures that show us what you're talking about?
Like this!!!

---------- Post added 09-10-15 at 09:17 AM ----------

I have to say, I don't have a single image of the type you posted. So while I'm happy to say, I'm sure the A7 is great for you, I'm also sure it's pretty irrelevant to most Pentax shooters.

And this

---------- Post added 09-10-15 at 09:22 AM ----------

You've carried a huge FF system with a huge 1,2 lens around with your for years because in your warped perspective of phtography, you think someday you might want that.
and this

09-10-2015, 06:24 AM - 1 Like   #167
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The problem with random photos, be they good or bad, is that they don't really say much about the gear and more about the photographer.
09-10-2015, 06:31 AM - 1 Like   #168
Site Supporter

images like that. It's just probably not likely to be the average Pentax person.
These comment are why I thought I should share the versatility from a pentaxian that own's 2 Pentaxes 30 or so pentax lenses and one Sony camera with no sony lenses

---------- Post added 09-10-15 at 09:38 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
The problem with random photos, be they good or bad, is that they don't really say much about the gear and more about the photographer.
Are My photos Good or Bad?
Could I take those types of Images if I didn't know my way around a Pentax Camera or Sony Camera?
Would you heed advice from me more if I just spouted complicated calculations and had garbage results?
or Would you heed my advice If I had a good examples of what my experience with the camera in the original OP can do.

---------- Post added 09-10-15 at 09:55 AM ----------

And if you really want to start a "lets all criticize each others images thread, as above, post it elsewhere
I post a few images showing you're wrong
Im sorry but your bat images were technically poor I was giving advice and not meaning to be spiteful

---------- Post added 09-10-15 at 10:00 AM ----------

I get really tired of this kind of argument.
No you don't that's all you do!! cmon 15,000 post's
09-10-2015, 07:07 AM   #169
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sliver-Surfer Quote
These comment are why I thought I should share the versatility from a pentaxian that own's 2 Pentaxes 30 or so pentax lenses and one Sony camera with no sony lenses

---------- Post added 09-10-15 at 09:38 AM ----------

Are My photos Good or Bad?
Could I take those types of Images if I didn't know my way around a Pentax Camera or Sony Camera?
Would you heed advice from me more if I just spouted complicated calculations and had garbage results?
or Would you heed my advice If I had a good examples of what my experience with the camera in the original OP can do.

---------- Post added 09-10-15 at 09:55 AM ----------

Im sorry but your bat images were technically poor I was giving advice and not meaning to be spiteful

---------- Post added 09-10-15 at 10:00 AM ----------

They are fine photos. I just have difficulty playing the game "you could (or couldn't) have taken this photo with 'x' format." Maybe that's true because of dynamic range, depth of field, or noise factors. But great photos tend to make an impact on me because of things like subject, light, and composition and not so much because of the technical factors that we tend to focus on in this forum.

Full frame is fine. If I had the money, I would buy a 645Z and a 28-45 zoom, since I shoot landscape a lot, that seems to be a dream combo. But I don't have the money for that. In the end, I have been seldom limited by my gear and more limited by my skill in using that gear.

Random K-01 shot...

09-10-2015, 07:12 AM   #170
Veteran Member

I'll say this... so far, every image that was posted in this thread, can be replicated with any of the cameras. End result does NOT tell anything about the gear used.
Hell, some of the images can be easily done using a micro four thirds camera... even a point and shoot one.

Last edited by mrNewt; 09-10-2015 at 09:20 AM.
09-10-2015, 07:16 AM   #171
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteQuote:
Who made you the god of what is technically poor? Photography is usually an artistic medium. It's quite acceptable to allow less than technical perfection in the interest of an artistic feel.
Did it ever occur to you that you might post something that actually conveyed the experience of being there.? Your submarine shot, which you say was taken in low light conditions, looks like it was taken in broad daylight. only with less detail. My intention was to artistically convey the conditions under which the photo was taken. From my perspective, your images is an artistically failure, it's some technology, in an unknown environment, that the photograph hides from the viewer. But, I seem to understand, that's just my opinion, I understand you think the shot is worth sharing, and I'm sure that there are other people on the forum who share your opinion, so n the interest of harmony etc. I said nothing. Are you starting to catch on how this works? You aren't the god of photography, you don't have some kind of magic insight that gives you the right to trash everyone else's work. Other people will see it differently. I You can put forward a point of view, but it's not "the" point of view, it's just yours. People don't necessarily need to here it, and may disagree with it, for perfectly acceptable reasons.

So lets make this plain, you shoot for the people who like your work, I shoot for the people who like my work, we stop trashing other people's work (and gear) and presenting our own as if we are god's gift to photography. Deal?

QuoteQuote:
Read and learn newbie.

Your arrogance continues unabated.

Last edited by normhead; 09-10-2015 at 07:57 AM.
09-10-2015, 07:28 AM   #172
Pentaxian

Calling all moderators...
09-10-2015, 07:31 AM   #173
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by filoxophy Quote
Calling all moderators...
MEDIC!!! MEEEEEEEDICCC!!!!!!

Yes, I think we do need some divine intervention...

09-10-2015, 08:18 AM - 1 Like   #174
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
I'll say this... so far, every image that was posted in this thread, can be replicated with any of the cameras. End result does NOT tell anything about the gear used.
Hell, some of the images can be easily done using a micro four thirds camera... even a point a shoot one.
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
They are fine photos. I just have difficulty playing the game "you could (or couldn't) have taken this photo with 'x' format." Maybe that's true because of dynamic range, depth of field, or noise factors. But great photos tend to make an impact on me because of things like subject, light, and composition and not so much because of the technical factors that we tend to focus on in this forum.
I was called out several times for being a one dimensional photographer by normhead. I was trolled and I fell for it. I admit it, so I posted a variety photos taken on Pentax K20d,KX,K5 sony 5n and A7.. They are taken on several cameras and meant to show my knowledge/experience rather than FF advantage. Was it stupid for me to fall for it? Likely.. was it a complete waste of my time..Likely as well.

Im not trashing any Gear at all Im actually out im my yard with my K5 and my fgz540 and my -F 2.8/100 Macroing..the OP want's a FF I told them good sound advice and the aps-c white knights flew in left and right even though this thread has nothing to do with APS-C
Title is"Sony A7R or Pentax FF"

Last edited by Sliver-Surfer; 09-10-2015 at 08:32 AM.
09-10-2015, 08:20 AM   #175
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
MEDIC!!! MEEEEEEEDICCC!!!!!!

Yes, I think we do need some divine intervention...
No, this is quite entertaining to read.
Too bad that this discussion has been done so many times already, and with similar question...FF or APS-C... Really, FF cheap OR FF expensive...same stuff but...matter of ones personal preferences and PP skills, or even 'talent'.
Let's see.
09-10-2015, 08:30 AM - 1 Like   #176
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
No, this is quite entertaining to read.
Too bad that this discussion has been done so many times already, and with similar question...FF or APS-C... Really, FF cheap OR FF expensive...same stuff but...matter of ones personal preferences and PP skills, or even 'talent'.
Let's see.
Heh... sometimes is like watching a fight between your kids... you love them both and they are both right, but you just want to beat the hell out of them to make them understand.

I was called out several times for being a one dimensional photographer by normhead. I was trolled and I fell for it. I admit it, so I posted a variety photos taken on Pentax K20d,KX,K5 sony 5n and A7.. They are taken on several cameras and meant to show my knowledge/experience rather than FF advantage. Was it stupid for me to fall for it? Likely.. was it a complete was of time..Likely as well.
Just drop it, be a bigger man... you have NOTHING to prove to anyone!
They disagree, who cares? All this frustration is bad for your health. Enjoy and love what you are doing.
09-10-2015, 08:38 AM   #177
Site Supporter

Who made you the god of what is technically poor? Photography is usually an artistic medium. It's quite acceptable to allow less than technical perfection in the interest of an artistic feel.
Did it ever occur to you that you might post something that actually conveyed the experience of being there.? Your submarine shot, which you say was taken in low light conditions, looks like it was taken in broad daylight. only with less detail. My intention was to artistically convey the conditions under which the photo was taken. From my perspective, your images is an artistically failure, it's some technology, in an unknown environment, that the photograph hides from the viewer. But, I seem to understand, that's just my opinion, I understand you think the shot is worth sharing, and I'm sure that there are other people on the forum who share your opinion, so n the interest of harmony etc. I said nothing. Are you starting to catch on how this works? You aren't the god of photography, you don't have some kind of magic insight that gives you the right to trash everyone else's work. Other people will see it differently. I You can put forward a point of view, but it's not "the" point of view, it's just yours. People don't necessarily need to here it, and may disagree with it, for perfectly acceptable reasons.

So lets make this plain, you shoot for the people who like your work, I shoot for the people who like my work, we stop trashing other people's work (and gear) and presenting our own as if we are god's gift to photography. Deal?

Read and learn newbie.

Your arrogance continues unabated.
Im not falling for this trolling anymore.
09-10-2015, 08:39 AM   #178
Pentaxian

Im not falling for this trolling anymore you are like a child
Ditto.

---------- Post added 09-10-15 at 11:42 AM ----------

Im not falling for this trolling anymore you are like a child
Sounds like you accepted the deal.... I hope.
09-10-2015, 08:45 AM   #179
Veteran Member

Im not falling for this trolling anymore.
Ditto.

---------- Post added 09-10-15 at 11:42 AM ----------

Sounds like you accepted the deal.... I hope.

I'm sorry but I could not control myself
09-10-2015, 09:20 AM   #180
Site Supporter

It's not gonna work MrNewt