Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 66 Likes Search this Thread
09-11-2015, 10:36 AM - 1 Like   #196
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by osv Quote
it's the ff posters who got sick of seeing aps-c garbage, because nobody who owns ff cares about aps-c, it's a step backwards... but people who own aps-c *always* want to compare the formats.
Come on osv, you have to admit is not entirely true. I do care about aps-c... I happily use both formats... APS-C mostly for macros nowadays (and the A6000 replaced my K-01 in the bag. K-01 is studio and macro dedicated now)... including my Q (mostly for abstract stuff or patterns that I can use in my designs) and cell phone (work stuff - take pictures of the white board after a meeting or similar stuff)... and the point and shoot that I use in my garage (when doing some mods and want to capture the steps - this way I don't have to sacrifice my better cameras). (Hmm... the MX-1 however is sitting in the sidelines for a while now... need to see if I can find something for it... maybe give it away as a present... :/).

There is a place for everything... stop limit yourself guys to column mentality. Is more of a cloud, where everything co-exists.
You don't need one of it!? Awesome... keep on doing what you are doing and stop making a religion out of it and try to convert others that your ideals and ideas are better... or stop assuming everyone's needs and wants are the same.

09-11-2015, 11:06 AM   #197
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
it's the ff posters who got sick of seeing aps-c garbage, because nobody who owns ff cares about aps-c, it's a step backwards... but people who own aps-c *always* want to compare the formats.

as proven by normhead and nicolas06, who don't own ff but have taken this thread completely off-topic by postwhoring their failed crop vs. ff agenda.
Isn't it you who is claiming your sony is the best thing since sliced bread whilst the others are just pointing out the errors in your claims.
09-11-2015, 11:09 AM   #198
osv
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
Come on osv, you have to admit is not entirely true.
well, i'm not getting rid of my k10d i understand your point.

i'm just tired of seeing crop trolls derailing threads, and spouting off about formats that they don't own and have never shot.

---------- Post added 09-11-15 at 11:09 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by mohb Quote
Isn't it you who is claiming your sony is the best thing since sliced bread
totally false, i've complained plenty about the a7r out here.
09-11-2015, 11:10 AM - 1 Like   #199
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
Come on osv, you have to admit is not entirely true. I do care about aps-c... I happily use both formats... APS-C mostly for macros nowadays (and the A6000 replaced my K-01 in the bag. K-01 is studio and macro dedicated now)... including my Q (mostly for abstract stuff or patterns that I can use in my designs) and cell phone (work stuff - take pictures of the white board after a meeting or similar stuff)... and the point and shoot that I use in my garage (when doing some mods and want to capture the steps - this way I don't have to sacrifice my better cameras). (Hmm... the MX-1 however is sitting in the sidelines for a while now... need to see if I can find something for it... maybe give it away as a present... :/).

There is a place for everything... stop limit yourself guys to column mentality. Is more of a cloud, where everything co-exists.
You don't need one of it!? Awesome... keep on doing what you are doing and stop making a religion out of it and try to convert others that your ideals and ideas are better... or stop assuming everyone's needs and wants are the same.
I agree.

I don't see the point of format evangelism. I do think there are problems when people think that their own personal deficiencies as a photographer will be solved by getting a new camera -- that seldom works out. You just end up with more megapixels of the same, not-so-good images.

If someone doesn't know what to get, it is seldom the best thing to start with the most expensive gear you can and try to learn it. Get something relatively inexpensive with room to grow and maximize that. Fill in with more gear as you find deficiencies in what you have.

09-11-2015, 11:25 AM   #200
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I agree. I don't see the point of format evangelism. I do think there are problems when people think that their own personal deficiencies as a photographer will be solved by getting a new camera -- that seldom works out. You just end up with more megapixels of the same, not-so-good images. If someone doesn't know what to get, it is seldom the best thing to start with the most expensive gear you can and try to learn it. Get something relatively inexpensive with room to grow and maximize that. Fill in with more gear as you find deficiencies in what you have.
Well said. OP has K5 A5000 and Medium format film utterly makes sense to move to FF if he feels hes grown to the point of stepping up formats.
09-11-2015, 11:40 AM - 1 Like   #201
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sliver-Surfer Quote
Well said. OP has K5 A5000 and Medium format film utterly makes sense to move to FF if he feels hes grown to the point of stepping up formats.
Sure. And I think he knows what he is doing and will make a move to full frame -- whether with mirrorless or an SLR. But I don't think he has posted in the last ten pages and now it is just the same folks setting up their soap boxes on standard arguments for or against crop/full frame. It's not particularly useful, in my opinion.
09-11-2015, 11:45 AM   #202
Veteran Member

well, i'm not getting rid of my k10d i understand your point.

i'm just tired of seeing crop trolls derailing threads, and spouting off about formats that they don't own and have never shot.
Please osv share with us:

- Do you own and use regularly Sony adapter for A-mount ?
- Do you own and use regularly Sony FE native lenses ?
- Do you own and use regularly AF lenses ?
- Do you own and use regularly DSLR FF Camera of Canon AND Nikon?
- Do you own and use regularly a recent APSC camera (K3-II, Nikon 7200) ?

If you don't respond to this message or don't respond Yes to all the questions you clearly have a consistency issue from what you expect from others and what you do yourself continuously.

09-11-2015, 12:09 PM   #203
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As popular as the Sony A7R is, I have never seen one in public ?
09-11-2015, 12:30 PM   #204
Pentaxian

He he he
Attached Images

Last edited by Sliver-Surfer; 09-11-2015 at 01:06 PM.
09-11-2015, 12:30 PM   #205
Veteran Member

totally irrelevant to the thread title, which proves everything that i posted above

it should have been, but thanks to people like you, the thread got completely derailed.
Other than the post above, exposing your lies about what happened in the NEX forum, I've only posted to this thread once. I think it was dead on topic.

QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
It's strange that you are touting Sony over Pentax for lens selection. The only native telephoto lens for Sony FE is a 70-200mm f4. Pentax has a 70-200 f2.8, 150-450mm f-4-5.6, 300mm f4 and 560mm f5.6, plus numerous third-party choices. There is not a single f2.8 zoom available for FE. My K-3 and 17-50 Sigma performance can match either standard zoom that Sony offers, at lower cost and not much difference in size.
I should also have mentioned the Pentax D FA 100, DA*200, and Sony 90mm macro.

Last edited by audiobomber; 09-11-2015 at 12:36 PM.
09-11-2015, 12:36 PM   #206
Veteran Member

Owning an a6000 has changed my view on Sony.

Yes, my K30 is easier to shoot with, it just feels better in the hand
The battery life is better on Pentax
I love my Pentax :-)

But holy cow, I love the EVF plus focus assist/magnification, suddenly manual lenses are just so much fun. The EVF isn't perfect and lets be honest, its pretty crap in the dark, but I find it so useful and I'm loving the confidence it gives me over manual focussing, even upto F1.2.
So for me, I have my much loved K30 + zoom for general wallkaround photography and I have my a6000 + adapter + manual primes for fun as that is how manual lenses feel now
I'm not bothered by Pentax FF anymore, but I am excited by the A7rii + all that lovely Pentax glass I could use
09-11-2015, 02:45 PM   #207
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hjoseph7 Quote
As popular as the Sony A7R is, I have never seen one in public ?
Its only popular on the internet. I haven't seen a Sony DSLR or any A7 (R, S, RII, whatever) out irl. I've seen plenty of Canon, Nikon, even some Pentax cameras. Some Fuji and Olympus. But the only Sony cameras I saw were of the lower price tiers
09-11-2015, 06:29 PM   #208
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Its only popular on the internet. I haven't seen a Sony DSLR or any A7 (R, S, RII, whatever) out irl. I've seen plenty of Canon, Nikon, even some Pentax cameras. Some Fuji and Olympus. But the only Sony cameras I saw were of the lower price tiers
Ive seen far more sony nex milc and sony dslrs than pentax dslrs. and a couple A7 series
But never any higher end k5 k3 k50 or even the Q series

Last edited by Sliver-Surfer; 09-11-2015 at 09:42 PM.
09-11-2015, 09:32 PM   #209
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Friend of mine owns one. Hence, my comments about the viewfinder.
09-12-2015, 03:01 AM   #210
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sliver-Surfer Quote
Ive seen far more sony nex milc
I have seen one or two of those, but still not as many as Pentax DSLRs. Huh, interesting. I guess this might be very location-specific.