Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2007, 01:54 PM   #46
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Harald Quote
I do not need this RAW-JPEG function at all, so for me it would be nice to put this button to good use. Alternative function, switchable.

" also that it stayed at JPG until next push" isnt that allready possible or have i mistaken?
If I set my K10D (fw 1.10) to RAW+JPEG, raw-button have no function.

Set to JPEG or to RAW, pushing button gives RAW+JPEG as long as I don't change mode, f.ex. from Av to Tv.

Before I realized this I missed taking some shots I wanted to capture in Raw.

Lars

(I hope this is the only reply reaching forum - my computer is playing with me)

02-09-2007, 02:18 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Prima Donna Photographers

QuoteOriginally posted by carpents Quote
Well, if Pentax intends to sponsor photographers only to cater to prima donna professionals, without that benefit running downhill to the Pentax user base, it is a worthless waste of time and money. As a small company relative to the competitors, I am quite happy seeing Pentax invest its resources into consumer products rather than senseless PR.

That being said, it is quite clear that Pentax has been responsive to our requests. They specifically read our fora (dpreview at least) to which the recent firmware and probably even the K10 itself will testify. This is why I like Pentax, this is why I'm optimistic that I'll stay with Pentax.

Ben, I hope you continue to convey the idea that the way to win photographers is to make great cameras. Yes, you need some PR - but not at the expense of the product.

--Sean
Prima Donna Photographers..That is the "Faux Pas of the Century" and an interesting Misconception...

Kindest Regards and Best Wishes
Ben
02-09-2007, 02:51 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
lol

I wouldn't take all that quite seriously... We are all quite excited, edgy and susceptible right now, so I wouldn't judge easily other people's saying...
Believe me I've been there once before and I think I know where it will finally turn out... I would suggest all of us to avoid posting any unfounded conclusions, or at least to avoid any pointless misunderstandings…

quite friendly

Christos
02-09-2007, 03:15 PM   #49
Veteran Member

Original Poster
My Choice

QuoteOriginally posted by Lars Quote
If I set my K10D (fw 1.10) to RAW+JPEG, raw-button have no function.

Set to JPEG or to RAW, pushing button gives RAW+JPEG as long as I don't change mode, f.ex. from Av to Tv.

Before I realized this I missed taking some shots I wanted to capture in Raw.

Lars

(I hope this is the only reply reaching forum - my computer is playing with me)
Ummm...I chose the Pentax after it had already been released based on it's quality and decided that it would be perfect for what I needed, to perform my job effectively under most circumstances and not for the PR which I get enough of when I am published or via my exhibitions. None the less, hope you enjoy your toy as much as I do.

Best Wishes
Ben

02-09-2007, 04:54 PM   #50

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Ummm...I chose the Pentax after it had already been released based on it's quality and decided that it would be perfect for what I needed, to perform my job effectively under most circumstances and not for the PR which I get enough of when I am published or via my exhibitions. None the less, hope you enjoy your toy as much as I do.

Best Wishes
Ben
Well said Ben, and why not promote our talents and love of what we do, we all do that, even the critics in life. They are promoting their point of view are they not? Keep up the good fight, united we stand etc, as the saying goes. I personally enjoy your talents, and have always wondered how this genre of photography was shot. Now I can talk to a top photographer in the field, and from my point of view the fact that this person also uses the camera I chose is good for my confidence in having made the best decision.

Now all I need is to develop a higher level of talent!! Thanks for taking the time to discuss tips and secrets of the trade, us rank amateurs are not as talented as you who have honed your skills in the business, but it does give us a level to aspire too if we wish.

I too chose the K10D after weeks of careful decision, and believe that it is the best all round camera I have ever owned.

From the Brisbane Motor Show 2007 last night- the Ferrari Stand.
Attached Images

02-09-2007, 05:48 PM   #51

Prima Donna Photographers..That is the "Faux Pas of the Century" and an interesting Misconception...
Well, not the century, but perhaps for the day ...

AE
02-09-2007, 07:15 PM   #52
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Kindest Regards and Best Wishes
Ben
Yes, it was intended as hyperbole. It was also not geared towards you or the other pros on this site.
02-10-2007, 03:20 AM   #53

QuoteOriginally posted by Lars Quote
In my K10D (firmware 1.10) set to:

- RAW+JPEG --> button have no function
- RAW --> button gives RAW+JPEG as long as I
do not change mode (f.ex Av to Tv etc)
-JPEG --> button gives RAW+JPEG as long as I don't change mode.

I missed this in the beginning and shot a lot of JPEG's when I wanted RAWLars
Ok, you mean that it should not change to jpeg or raw (that ever the original selection was) when you change the mode. Agreed it should not beheve this way.

I recall that there was some other settings behaving similarly..... you make the selection and then change mode and surprice, setting has changed to original setting (or did it change into selection made earlyer when using this mode?). But I should make more tests to find out which settings did this.

And I really think it shouldnt be this way. It forces you to check all settings thorougly after changing the mode and this is ridiculous.