Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-31-2021, 02:34 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I first used Hyper-P and Hyper-M modes 30 years ago on my Z-1. Now with my K-1 I rarely use Hyper-P.

Hyper-M I do use a lot. It is a good starting point for getting an initial exposure suggestion from the camera (I use Tv shift option). Then with a few test shots and histogram checking I am happy with the exposure setting. I then leave the dials alone and take my shots (bracketing if need be).

10-06-2021, 03:54 PM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
You already have it. Use M, set the third wheel to ISO and use the AV SV wheels as usual. You directly control the whole triangle.
That's not hypermanual, that's just.. manual?
10-08-2021, 05:55 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
Photos: Gallery
I find myself agreeing with @Stevebrot ... hard to follow all the suggestions in this thread as so many are body specific. And I have no direct experience with many of the bodies; just the ones I either currently or in the past have owned. Compounding that that I have made modifications within the menu as to how the controls on my cameras function. For example, I always switch front and rear dials. I don't know the mindset of the Pentax engineers. But in my mind the aperture is part of the lens in front of the body, and the shutter is in the body, so therefore the rear dial.

Both my K-3 & K-1 have +/- exposure compensation and ISO buttons. I rarely shoot true M(anual) mode. I shoot P(rogram), let the body shift to aperture or time priority with dial use. And based on how I read the light might kick in the use of exposure compensation or an ISO change. If the scene is especially contrasty, and not an action shot and I can be steady, I might quickly hit the Info button and select the auto HDR. In other words, I am still pretty much in manual control, overriding anything I disagree with. For me, the green button is for use with pre-A type lens.