Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-07-2007, 01:55 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Diopter location? K10

I am at work and thought of this last night now it is got me wondering. I will take picture and show you later but for now, bare with me.

I have the K10 and want to know what postion your diopter adjuster is postioned? I have not had a focusing issue so I don't think it is wrong just wondering how it effects things. Mine seemed to not be centered but maybe one or two clicks to the right.

I now I should be worried about more impartant things like world peace and all but some reason I am curious about this today.

02-07-2007, 02:02 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
re:diopter

hi pat, My diopter is a little to the right also, but i'm needing reading glasses to see up close.
tom b.
02-07-2007, 02:54 PM   #3
Inactive Account

On my K100D, my diopter adjust is one stop away from the rightmost position. I'm legally blind without my contacts .
02-07-2007, 03:12 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
I have the K10 and want to know what postion your diopter adjuster is postioned? I have not had a focusing issue so I don't think it is wrong just wondering how it effects things. Mine seemed to not be centered but maybe one or two clicks to the right.

I have a K100D. I've tried using it with my glasses on; then I put the diopter pretty much in the middle. But glasses are a pain - I can't see the viewfinder well. So I've gone back to taking my glasses off to shoot, and that means that I have to push the diopter all the way to the right for things to be in focus.

Is the K10D different from the K100D in this respect? I mean, how complicated is the diopter?

Will

02-07-2007, 05:40 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
No not complicated at all. I came home and read the manual And silly me there is no effect on the shot at all, which I assumed but just curious about other settings. I have (insert knock on wood sound here) no vision problems and never adjusted it on this or the DS. thanks for your replies
02-07-2007, 06:20 PM   #6
Veteran Member

i have mine set in the middle. i wear contacts and glasses to shoot, diopter adjustments dont help if I dont have either one on.
02-08-2007, 07:38 PM   #7
Forum Member

Diopter

It doesn't matter where the diopter is set as long as you can see the viewinder etch marks and data readouts clearly. The diopter setting will and should vary a bit from person to person.

02-12-2007, 10:06 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
I am at work and thought of this last night now it is got me wondering. I will take picture and show you later but for now, bare with me.

I now I should be worried about more impartant things like world peace and all but some reason I am curious about this today.
Mine is positioned second most from the right, which is different to the *ist D which was all the way to the right.
02-22-2007, 07:48 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mine is positioned about two clicks left of center. Initially it took me awhile to figure it out, my K1000 was not so fancy... After an evening of out-of-focus photos with a manual lens I finally realized one must focus the lens to the sensor first, then adjust the diopter to focus the viewfinder.

It's worse with my Fuji S5200, you adjust the diopter while looking at a tiny LCD. The viewfinder never looks focused. But then, I keep that camera in Autofocus.

Leo Taylor