Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-09-2015, 11:29 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
So finally there it is.....

As you all know I am in favor for aps-h sized sensor in a camera and Pentax should have done it years ago. Many people said here......That is deed and no one makes aps-h. My answer always was to just order it as a special product, but even then I was called a fooi.

Canon comes with an aps-h sensor.......

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/9255490800/canon-turbo-boosts-the-pixel-race-with-250-million-pixel-aps-h-sensor

A little bit to much pixels for me, but at least it's out there.....

I don't think we will ever see this in k-mount.

Did you expected anything else reading the title?

09-09-2015, 11:43 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Well, one good wide-angle prime, and you never need zoom again!
09-09-2015, 12:03 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Since this has nothing to do with full frame, I've moved it.
09-09-2015, 12:05 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/76-non-pentax-cameras-canon-nikon-etc/303...ghlight=sensor

Also this is not a DSLR sensor by any stretch of the imagination. It does 5fps at high bitcount. The point is for surveillance and similar reasons as far as the article seemed to indicate. Imagine diffraction on this bad boy. Wide open would already be an issue...

09-09-2015, 12:33 PM   #5
Veteran Member

As you all know I am in favor for aps-h sized sensor in a camera and Pentax should have done it years ago. Many people said here......That is deed and no one makes aps-h. My answer always was to just order it as a special product, but even then I was called a fooi.

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/9255490800/canon-turbo-boosts-the-pixel-race-with-250-million-pixel-aps-h-sensor

New Still and Video camera under development from Canon

Canon plans high-res future with 120MP DSLR and 8K Cinema EOS in development: Digital Photography Review
09-09-2015, 12:40 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mikeodial Quote
Neither of those appears to use the 250MP sensor. One is 35MP and the other is 120MP but that is a very interesting article. The 120MP camera plans include 3d images that you can "feel" - sounds rather interesting but also maybe a bit of a look farther into the future than we realize.
09-09-2015, 12:45 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Neither of those appears to use the 250MP sensor. One is 35MP and the other is 120MP but that is a very interesting article. The 120MP camera plans include 3d images that you can "feel" - sounds rather interesting but also maybe a bit of a look farther into the future than we realize.
Assume it is using the same technology under development. That amount of pixels in a FF is a lot of detail. Interesting to see what this brings for dynamic range which is still a major issue.
09-09-2015, 01:00 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I don't see what benefits are specific to APS-H. In my opinion, there are at least two advantages in have a square or nearly square form factor for a sensor: 1) lower cost of the sensor 2) better use of the circular image from the lenses. A 24mmx32mm sensor could have be done at a lower cost than 24x36, thanks to higher unit count per silicon wafer (circular).

09-09-2015, 01:01 PM   #9
Site Supporter

A year or two ago, I saw a post demonstrating a 200MP Canon sensor with incredible low light capability. The images were shot under moonlight and the look of the images felt like there was full sun outside. I was wondering what happened to that sensor and technology. I guess one of these days Canon is gonna come out with a killer camera incorporating this new sensor technology. They have to or Sony is going to put them out of business!
09-10-2015, 04:34 PM - 1 Like   #10
Pentaxian

When I read about this sensor recently (I don't remember where -- it wasn't DPR) I immediately thought "somebody should tell Ron Hendriks!"

I needn't have worried.
09-10-2015, 04:52 PM - 1 Like   #11
Pentaxian

Absolutely not, Ron! You know that a prophet is without honour in his own Forum/country, don't you?
09-11-2015, 12:36 AM   #12
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Well we never going to get it.