Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-21-2015, 10:52 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by skyoftexas Quote
Sounds like semantics to me – postponed / delayed. Why are you so sensitive as to call the use of one word "abusive?" We may not have known the specific target date, but I give you a quote from the authors of this very own forum: "Ricoh Imaging also stated in a press release that a Pentax full-frame will hit the market by the end of the year." Do you have an original interpretation for the meaning: "hit the market?"
I was being sarcastic, because Pentax defenders are flipping words to make things look softer. So, I was overemphasizing it . You can turn things how you like depending on a subjective appreciation of the situation and whether you are a die hard Pentaxian or lucid.

09-21-2015, 10:57 PM   #32
Veteran Member

The day the first Pentax FF goes on sale is the day I will belive it actually exists.
09-22-2015, 12:47 AM - 3 Likes   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There's a huge difference between seeking to understand why something happened and condoning or excusing it. These debates seem to polarise some people into for and against positions, without teasing out facts or possibilities, where facts are few. It's a sorry comment on modern life, but this sort of glib division seems to be accelerated by easy access to Internet forums and by paid protagonists in the broadcast media.

The only facts we have in this whole set of discussions are that:
  1. Ricoh has publicly said it is developing a 35FF body that would be available in late 2015;
  2. Ricoh has shown a body model at public events, saying that it is not final;
  3. Some authorised Pentax system testers have said that Ricoh representatives have told them that an announcement would be made on 6 October 2015;
  4. Ricoh has subsequently said publicly that the 35FF body would be available in early 2016; and
  5. Some Pentax sellers have said that the delay in availability was due to unspecified issues, and that new or enriched features were being added in the interim.
Note that some of these facts are actually just that people have told us certain things – the facts are not the things being told, just the telling.

The rest is speculation, some of it wild, some of it simply derogatory and none of it informed by actual knowledge of what's happening in Ricoh's Pentax division. I'm not saying speculation is a bad thing, but you can't credibly attempt to draw meaningful conclusions from it without specific knowledge.
09-22-2015, 04:09 AM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
I'm not saying speculation is a bad thing, but you can't credibly attempt to draw meaningful conclusions from it without specific knowledge.
Agreed +1

09-22-2015, 04:32 AM   #35
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by adwb Quote
The day the first Pentax FF goes on sale is the day I will belive it actually exists.
“Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.”

That being said, it's sort of hard to fault you for your cynicism right now.
09-22-2015, 06:56 AM   #36

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
I was being sarcastic, because Pentax defenders are flipping words to make things look softer. So, I was overemphasizing it . You can turn things how you like depending on a subjective appreciation of the situation and whether you are a die hard Pentaxian or lucid.
Sorry, I missed that. Sarcasm is good.