Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-22-2015, 10:11 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I've sold through them, and they actually upgraded from my estimated condition once. They never downgraded. Generally I've sold things that I bought second hand, and their price was fair. The convenience is good. I might try the Marketplace next time, however.

09-22-2015, 12:45 PM   #17

I have bought and sold with them. You will get a little less than selling yourself on Ebay but there is absolutely no hassle. I recently sold a K-20 and k-5. The price I finally got was what they originally posted. I sold to them directly at Continental Camera in Buffalo when they were there. Once again a fair price. Things i have bought from them have been exactly as described. I recently had a Sigma zoom lens repaired by them and they did a great job. I'm happy.
09-22-2015, 01:11 PM   #18
Closed Account

Photos: Albums
I just went ahead and priced out my gear, and for me, the hassle would be worth the extra money. Ex for a K-3 is $258, and they routinely sell for 500-600 on ebay, and in our marketplace. Averaged about $100 less than what I see for the lenses I have (not too bad, they need to make money). Maybe that just shows that once again, lenses hold their value better. I prefer our marketplace over anything else. Outside of one "member" whom I had to take to PayPal fraud resolution, I've had only great experience with our folks. Like anything else, it's the price of convenience. I would say KEH is definitely worth it for the person that doesn't have time to list, package, and ship. Way easier.
10-05-2015, 07:18 AM   #19

Original Poster
I ordered a used camera bag from KEH.... it was 259 new.... I paid $80. Couldn't be happier. Showed up... hard to even tell that it was used.

10-05-2015, 04:03 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've sold some gear there, and everything sold at the agreed price except one Canon 50mm lens I sent. They said it had some kind of gearing problem that prevented it from being in the shape I stated. They offered me the option of having it shipped back or a lower price. I accepted the lower price as it was just a box of old camera "junk" I was given that I had no use for.

So I'd say that's a good experience. It was certainly easy which is a lot of what they are offering.