Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-23-2008, 09:48 AM   #16
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks a lot for the answers so far! =D

I guess I'll check a few more shops around Europe,...

Do you think the Lowepro Slingshot 200 is, as a some sort semi-backpack thing, too impractical for daily use? What's the difference with its 100 and 300 versions?

Oh and about the memory card thing - do you think 4 GB's enough for a start? (I find them to be quite expensive)

06-23-2008, 04:05 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Nanthiel Quote
Oh and about the memory card thing - do you think 4 GB's enough for a start? (I find them to be quite expensive)
I had 2x 2GB to start. Then I went on holidays for 5 days and decided to get 3x 4GB more in anticipation. I used just about everything. And that was with a 6MP camera. I figure I need 3GB per day. Your experience may vary.
06-23-2008, 04:49 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Hi Nanthiel

If you're interested, I bought no less than 28 of these Sandisk 2GB SD cards (£5.44 each) a few months ago from these people:

Sandisk Memory Card for device Sandisk 1GB 2GB 4GB 1 2 4 GB Gig bg

The 'Description' is a bit misleading on the actual web-site: there's a misprint which says 1GB SD Sandisk Card Secure Memory Card, but I can assure you that they are actually 2GB ! They arrived safely by next day delivery (Royal Mail) at no additional postal charge. They're obviously nowhere near as fast as some of SanDisk's EXTREME III cards for example, but then I'm neither into sports nor action photography, so the standard Sandisk SD cards suit my style of photography, as well as my pocket ! Just to avoid any confusion, the £7.44 2GB version includes an SDHC Card Reader, which you probably wouldn't require !

For a selection of the other card capacities they sell, try this link:

Sd Memory Card for memory Sd 1GB 2GB 4GB 1 2 4 GB Gig bg

For higher capacity SDHC cards such as (SanDisk 4GB - £11.88), try this link and then scroll down the page:

Sdhc High Capacity Memory Card for memory Sdhc High Capacity 1GB 2GB 4GB 1 2 4 GB Gig bg

Best regards
Richard

P.S. Slovenia is an amazingly picturesque country. A few years ago, my wife & spent a few memorable weeks driving quite extensively through the western half of the country including visits to the capital Lljubliana, Lake Bled & the stunningly beautiful Julian Alps, eventually taking the high-speed Catamaran across the sea from Izola to Venice....arriving by water is the ONLY way to approach that glorious city, if you ask me !

Last edited by Confused; 06-23-2008 at 05:56 PM.
06-23-2008, 05:00 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nanthiel Quote
Do you think the Lowepro Slingshot 200 is, as a some sort semi-backpack thing, too impractical for daily use? What's the difference with its 100 and 300 versions?
They are very practical... more so than a 'normal' camera bag. They stay on your shoulder (since it is worn around the neck, and has a extra strap to stabilise it) where a normal bag tends to fall off your shoulder. Depending on how you organise your gear in it, generally you can change lenses without putting it down.

The 100 is a smaller bag and the 300 is a larger one.