Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-22-2008, 04:05 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Buying an out-of-production Demo model?

I have been searching for a digital SLR, I have seen a few K10's IST's, etc. for sale. Some have been "Demo" models.

Anyone have experieince with buying a "Demo"? is this preferable to getting a used one that is in exellent condition?

I know what they are, a unit people have handled in the store, or maybe even a loaner. I'm just wondering if this is like a rental car, no one really cared how it was treated.

06-22-2008, 04:17 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Skid, the demo will come with a full factory warranty in most cases, which makes it preferable to a used camera. It will probably have been "used" under supervision in the store, although loaner status is possible; ask the seller about the particular uses the demo has seen.

As with purchase of a used camera, knowing the reputation of the store should help a buyer decide if the risks associated with the purchase of a demo are "worth" the discounted price offered by the seller.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, photography