Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-14-2015, 12:09 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Purple color over raw image

Hi, last time in 1 image from 10 I have this problem - when I open RAW file in Lightroom or photoshop, in a few second appears purple color over part of a image. When I convert RAW to JPEG in a camera (pentax k-500), it will be ok. Any suggestion what can I do?

10-14-2015, 12:12 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
No image....
10-14-2015, 12:58 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have been experiencing a similar purple color across portions in some RAW images on the PC. In my case the image on the card seems fine on the camera but became corrupted when i copied it to the PC using a card reader. I recopied the select images and then they were fine. I suspect my card reader might be having some difficulties or bad contacts.
10-14-2015, 01:03 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
blown highlights are covered in red while no detail in under exposed areas will be shown with blue if you have the feature turned on in camera raw. Perhaps that's what you are experiencing. with a jpg photoshop will not start up with camera raw program.

10-14-2015, 02:35 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Try a different SD card. I've encountered a similar issue to this and in that case it was the card.
12-13-2015, 01:41 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by KevinR Quote
I have been experiencing a similar purple color across portions in some RAW images on the PC. In my case the image on the card seems fine on the camera but became corrupted when i copied it to the PC using a card reader. I recopied the select images and then they were fine. I suspect my card reader might be having some difficulties or bad contacts.
Thanks. Problem was in a a card reader - itīs cheap reader from china e-shop. When I tranfer photos direct from my camera, there isnīt any problem.