Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-18-2015, 08:44 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
k10D shutter firing erroneously

hello all, I have a broken K10D it fires the shutter* when any button is pressed, excluding AE-L, the metering modes lever, SR lever, flash, and focus lever. Every other button, control wheel, or lever causes the shutter to fire, halve press of the shutter button causes it to fire preventing a full press (same with cable release) it will also occasionally fire at random without being touched. no data is saved to the card. Any advice on what might be the problem would be helpful. I'm not sending the camera back to pentax as im sure it will cost more to fix than the camera is worth, and I have another K10, i just want to see if i can fix this one for my own amusement.
thanks

*(well actualy its too fast, sounds like around 1/50, to see if the curtain is firing, but the mirror is for sure)

10-18-2015, 09:24 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Try swapping the battery with the one in your other K10d and see if that fixes anything.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
button, camera, causes, dslr, fire, k10d, k10d shutter, lever, photography, press, shutter