Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-24-2015, 01:24 PM   #1

AF Focus Problem on K-3

When in contimuous shooting mode the autofocus will intermittently lock up on my K-3. Sometimes when I press the shutter release button the focus indicator in the viewfinder remains lit as it it is supposed to when focus is achieved but the red light in the screen where the focus points are does NOT light up. The shutter will release but the lens will not focus. This locked status remains stuck for five seconds or more and then eventually returns to normal focusing operation. For a while it will work normally, then lock up again as described above.

It occurs on multiple lenses. I have also used the same lenses on my K5II with no problems at all.

Settings are Tv, continous (high speed), AF-S. spot focusing area, auto ISO.

I sent the K-3 to KEH for repair, who sent it to Precision. Precision has now "repaired" it twice but there is absolutely no difference. Intermittent lock up continues. When you initially test it AF seems fine but after a while the intermittent lock up occures. I wonder if they are not testing it properly to find the lock up issue.

Thoughts?

10-24-2015, 02:02 PM   #2

Photos: Albums
I am closing this as it is a duplicate post. I'll move your duplicate to this forum section as it should have been posted here to begin with. In the future, please don't make the same post in multiple areas.
Closed Thread