Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2007, 10:58 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I use all three metering modes depending on the situation. If lighting is constan and I am feeling creative I'll use spot, fully manual, set a good exposure with no highlight overexposure and just shoot away.

Although my tests are nowhere near as exhaustive as RichHigh's I find that my spot meter is quite accurate if not quite as small as on my D70 and is very useful.

Last edited by arbutusq; 02-09-2007 at 11:04 AM.
02-13-2007, 04:47 PM   #17
Inactive Account

i'm a bit confused with metering too, i choosed Spot, but i don't know how to be sure where i'm pointing to : with AF i can choose an object, point it in the middle of the viewfinder and middle-press : the red light show me where i'm focusing and then i can move the cam to get the good crop and shoot (sorry for my english…)

for AE there is no red light, so i'm not sure where i'm pointing to and i don't know if its locked so i can move the cam before to take the shot ?

As you see i'm lost and the manula don't really help so much
02-13-2007, 10:36 PM   #18
Forum Member

I use center weighted metering, center only AF, and link AE and AF. In taking photos I use the center spot to establish my main point of focus (e.g the eyes) which is almost without exception the same area I want properly exposed via AE. Then, I recompose to make the shot. I can't figure out why this is not the default as I can't imagine being able to predict what the camera is going do otherwise.