Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-08-2015, 04:28 PM   #1
Veteran Member

K3 Custom Image Settings

Custom Image allows for the selection of image finishing touch. Are contrast control and sharpness settings for viewing the image in the camera or are they controls for the photograph? If it is for the image, why wouldn't the setting for Extra Sharpness be the default setting? I believe that I understand Image Finishing Touch but I am not certain about available operations under Set the Parameters. This is on page 55 of the K3 operation manual. Thanks.

11-08-2015, 04:55 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bscott Quote
Custom Image allows for the selection of image finishing touch. Are contrast control and sharpness settings for viewing the image in the camera or are they controls for the photograph? If it is for the image, why wouldn't the setting for Extra Sharpness be the default setting? I believe that I understand Image Finishing Touch but I am not certain about available operations under Set the Parameters. This is on page 55 of the K3 operation manual. Thanks.
The various custom image settings affect the JPEG files that the camera outputs.

I would leave sharpness either in the middle or -1, since the K-3's files are already very sharp. Over-sharpening will cost you a good amount of detail.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-10-2015, 07:11 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The various custom image settings affect the JPEG files that the camera outputs.

I would leave sharpness either in the middle or -1, since the K-3's files are already very sharp. Over-sharpening will cost you a good amount of detail.
Adam, thanks for your help and quick reply.