Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-08-2015, 06:50 PM   #1

Has anyone tried Ebay Pentax to Nikon Infinity Focus adapter?

Has anyone tried Ebay Pentax to Nikon Infinity Focus adapter?

Like this one PENTAX PK K Lens to NIKON Mount Adapter Infinity Focus does it make the image less sharp?

11-08-2015, 07:01 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Think of it as a short, low-quality tele-converter.
11-09-2015, 01:24 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yup, there's not much of a point to these adapters unless you're desperate.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-09-2015, 01:44 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Or maybe not. Razor sharp imagery is not always desirable. Photographers have been adding diffusion, distortion and lowering contrast for decades. Lens makers even made soft focus lenses.

11-09-2015, 11:06 AM   #5

It works. Following photo is shot with a Chinon 135mm F2.8 Multi-coated @ f2.8 & the adapter on a Nikon D60

11-09-2015, 10:13 PM   #6
Forum Member

Before switching completely to Pentax, I used something like this on my Nikon D3000. They work fine, you just lose about 1 stop of light. I didn't notice any sharpness loss.

On a related note, I also have a couple of M42 to Nikon infinity focus adapters and only one can actually focus to infinity. The glass inside to provide infinity focus was probably not calibrated well.