Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
11-09-2015, 10:50 AM   #16
Veteran Member

I have SR off at all times. If I'm not using a tripod, I'm usually chasing something moving in random directions on 2-3 planes which the SR can't keep up with. I have SR disabled from the functions menu.

11-09-2015, 10:58 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Yes. Turning the power switch past on is Optical or Digital preview. All of the flagship DSLRs have this.
Yes I remember seeing that now, I would prefer using a button though.
Presumably you can take photos when it is in optical preview mode?
11-09-2015, 11:05 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Presumably you can take photos when it is in optical preview mode?
No. The shutter is not enabled in optical preview. It would be difficult to operate the shutter anyway, you are using the index finger to turn the power switch. And when using it with the aperture ring you are using your middle finger on the front e-dial to change the shutter speed.
11-09-2015, 11:07 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
No. The shutter is not enabled in optical preview.
I would think a button is better than that

Sorry for taking over the thread...

11-12-2015, 07:53 AM   #20
Veteran Member

I try to remember to turn it off. Mostly, I'll try to use one of the shooting modes on a tripod that will automatically turn it off.
11-12-2015, 07:56 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I use SR when using the tripod, shooting in burst mode when tracking wildlife. For landscape I use a two second delay, which automaitcly turns SR off.
11-12-2015, 07:58 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I use SR when using the tripod, shooting in burst mode when tracking wildlife. For landscape I use a two second delay, which automaitcly turns SR off.
Is that because, when tracking wildlife, you are moving the camera while it is on the tripod?

11-12-2015, 09:08 AM   #23
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sholtzma Quote
Is that because, when tracking wildlife, you are moving the camera while it is on the tripod?
Even that need some qualification, If I am panning, I turn SR off... if you don't you get weird motion blur, if I'm pointing stopping, moving, pointing, so moving and shooting without locking the tripod and exposing with the shutter release on the camera, then I use SR, as I'm never sure the camera is completely stationary when I shoot. IN that case I can't be sure the camera will be stable when I'm shooting, and over time I've just found SR to be helpful.