Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-25-2008, 02:20 PM   #16
Busiko

QuoteOriginally posted by generic Quote
ok, when i first put the camera on the language was already in dutch...but it did ask me for the date and time ...is that saying annything or just that the person before me never took the time to fix the date
HI, I broke the box seals of my K10D and my very first shot taken with it shows shutter count=500 from exiftool.exe
Rui

06-25-2008, 02:30 PM   #17
Veteran Member

It sounds like a "new" camera to me. I wouldn't worry about it. Go take some pictures and you will feel better. Really a couple hundred actuations is no big deal IMHO, and if it is you bought the wrong camera.
06-25-2008, 02:40 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Good thing is, unlike with cars, there is no new camera smell you may be missing out on, and your friends won't be able to smell the camera is not new.
06-25-2008, 02:53 PM   #19

Original Poster
honestly i do understand that it might not be that big of a deal...maybe its more the ethic principe here...why pay the full price for a new camera when i coult have bought a used one just like the one i have now for say less money...i'm really not this paranoid freak here who makes a big deal out of nothing, where i'm from 600 euro's is allot of money and being a student i really worked my ass of just to save that amount of money, so i'm really disappointed at the moment...

also if this was a return why was it returned , i'm just saying that it could be that some particular function does not work or that the camera has defaults...
now i'm just a beginner so obviously i wouldn't really know whats not working as it should just because i don't have that knowledge yet unlike allot of the people here on this forum...i'm kind of completely in the dark on wether this is a new camera or a return and as to why it was returned....

just not comfortable with not knowing the deal about this camera and it bugs me out, as i said its a damn shame you just can't trust anyone anymore

06-25-2008, 02:56 PM   #20
Veteran Member

honestly i do understand that it might not be that big of a deal...maybe its more the ethic principe here...why pay the full price for a new camera when i coult have bought a used one just like the one i have now for say less money...i'm really not this paranoid freak here who makes a big deal out of nothing, where i'm from 600 euro's is allot of money and being a student i really worked my ass of just to save that amount of money, so i'm really disappointed at the moment...

also if this was a return why was it returned , i'm just saying that it could be that some particular function does not work or that the camera has defaults...
now i'm just a beginner so obviously i wouldn't really know whats not working as it should just because i don't have that knowledge yet unlike allot of the people here on this forum...i'm kind of completely in the dark on wether this is a new camera or a return and as to why it was returned....

just not comfortable with not knowing the deal about this camera and it bugs me out, as i said its a damn shame you just can't trust anyone anymore
Demand a refund and order from some other place then.
06-27-2008, 03:55 AM   #21

Original Poster
hey guys, guess what i explained my problem to the sails man and i got my money back...whent to another store and they had a pentax K10D fresh out the box which was still wrapped in plastic ....

he told me that it was probably a return, since also allot of the stuf like battery charger, manual..etc was missing...he was very understanding so i'm glad everything worked out

in about two days i'm leaving to north Africa...hope to take allot of shots

cheers for all the help here

Last edited by generic; 06-27-2008 at 04:09 AM.
06-27-2008, 06:18 AM   #22
Busiko

hey guys, guess what i explained my problem to the sails man and i got my money back...whent to another store and they had a pentax K10D fresh out the box which was still wrapped in plastic ....

he told me that it was probably a return, since also allot of the stuf like battery charger, manual..etc was missing...he was very understanding so i'm glad everything worked out

in about two days i'm leaving to north Africa...hope to take allot of shots

cheers for all the help here
Glad to hear that. So, what's the shutter count on that new one?
Rui

06-27-2008, 06:37 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Enjoy your new camera. Make certain you spend time with it before your trip, you might want to do a quick check to confirm the focus is correct. My K10D backfocussed badly, and I didn't take the time to check it before a camping trip. While I initially was not happy with the camera (because of that), I am now absolutely loving it.
06-27-2008, 11:00 AM   #24
Inactive Account

That missing charger was what bugs me. I got my K10D new, but with around a 200 shutter count. So it's nice that you got to return it.
06-27-2008, 12:20 PM   #25

Original Poster
ok i did a check on this camera's shutter count...as i said this one came out of a box that was still wraped in plastic ,so straight from the factory ...

shutter count on this one is 236

thnx for that tip davek ...i took some pictures but everything seemed ok to me...of course i'm completely new to this camera and I'm first starting out with photography...any tips on how to place my settings/menu to get a good check-up on the badfocus issue

i use the 18-55 lens (was included when i bought the camera)
06-27-2008, 06:19 PM   #26
cmv

QuoteOriginally posted by Busiko Quote
HI, I broke the box seals of my K10D and my very first shot taken with it shows shutter count=500 from exiftool.exe
Rui
Phew! My K20D arrived with 485 shots -- so 001 was 486.
06-27-2008, 06:57 PM   #27
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eman Quote
As the shutter mechanism is rated for operating 50K times.

Isnt it supposed to be more like 100k?
Some IDSL are already at 150k and still kicking.
06-27-2008, 10:13 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Have fun on your trip generic, and congrats on your new camera.

I would like to point out that some cameras start off with the photo number located on your memory card.

So if your memory card was last used in a Pentax K10W with 5200 images taken on it it may well read 5201 on it's first image.
06-28-2008, 07:58 AM   #29
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I got my K20D last night from UPS and the counter says 100-0000.