Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-14-2015, 09:09 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Best sensor dust blower IMO

This blower can be found from UK e-bay sellers, made of silicon, powerfull, with a valve for incoming air from the back.
I added a short silicon pipe that can't hurt camera internal parts neither the sensor and allow to access easily all places around the sensor.
Such silicon pipes can be found in modelism shops for very low prices.

11-14-2015, 10:23 AM   #2
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bygp Quote
This blower can be found from UK e-bay sellers, made of silicon, powerfull, with a valve for incoming air from the back.
I added a short silicon pipe that can't hurt camera internal parts neither the sensor and allow to access easily all places around the sensor.
Such silicon pipes can be found in modelism shops for very low prices.

Does this blower have a brand name, just in case I can find it on this side of the pond?
11-14-2015, 11:10 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Looks in fact strikingly similar to a German airblower produced by eyelead Bluetech GmbH:

eyelead Bluetech GmbH

It's marketed under the name eyelead Airblower L with dust filter. Got mine reasonably priced from amazon.de. Neatly manufactured, powerful action, no funny chemical smell, doesn't seem to blow additional dust on the sensor as long as you're working in a more or less dust-free environment (which you should be doing for sensitive maintenance anyway). Couldn't be happier with it.
11-14-2015, 11:18 AM   #4

Original Poster
It looks quite the same and seems very durable, I got it here (on ebay France) : Precision Rocket AIR Blower FOR Camera Sensor Cleaning Safe DSLR Dust Remover | eBay

for 8.50 euro + 5 euro shipping fees

But adding the flexible silicon pipe is realy a good trick to access all parts and get close to the sensor without any risk to hurt it, I could have made it longer as the pipe I bought is about 1 meter long^^

Last edited by bygp; 11-14-2015 at 11:25 AM.
11-14-2015, 11:41 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Hard to give up my Giottos Rocket Blower. Never rolls away. Ready for launch. And the pink one takes me back to my childhood playing handball. Agreed that the softer silicone nozzle is a good idea if one is careless and hits the sensor.
11-14-2015, 04:07 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Here's the listing on eBay U.S.:

Precision Rocket Air Blower for Camera Sensor Cleaning Safe DSLR Dust Remover | eBay

Looks nice. Otherwise, the Giottos blower seems to be the only other serious option.
11-14-2015, 04:30 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

I've always thought to myself that these blowers are not any more complex than the bulb syringes we use on newborns.

Blowers have a little inlet valve, but other than that, same concept.
11-14-2015, 08:14 PM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Biro Quote
Here's the listing on eBay U.S.:

Precision Rocket Air Blower for Camera Sensor Cleaning Safe DSLR Dust Remover | eBay

Looks nice. Otherwise, the Giottos blower seems to be the only other serious option.
I use it and it is made of a very good silicon material with a big air volume capacity. I cannot compare with the rocket blower I never had.
I has a rear valvle to get clean air incoming from the back, seems also very durable. The valvle is 100% efficient no air at all is blowed at the back.

---------- Post added 11-14-15 at 08:16 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by bygp Quote
I use it and it is made of a very good silicon material with a big air volume capacity. I cannot compare with the rocket blower I never had.
I has a rear valvle to get clean air incoming from the back, seems also very durable. The valvle is 100% efficient no air at all is blowed at the back.
lenght : 12 cm
diameter : 6 cm