Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-07-2008, 06:40 AM   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Canon can do no wrong don't you know

Imagine the "headlines" if this was posted about Pentax:
Thought I'd share this. My brother bought a 5D yesterday. He took it out of the box, popped a lens on it and was horrified to find one humongous black speck visible in everyshot he took, even with the lens wide open. I took the camera and shot a pic of a wall at f19 and this is what his sensor looked like:
(image deleted)
He was gonna take it straight back to the shop and get a replacement but I convinced him to just let me have a go with my Rocket Blower. It pretty much got rid of most of it:
(image deleted)
Anyway, should we have been so surprised to see the sensor from a brand new camera so dirty straight out of the box, or is this now typical of Canon's quality control?

Great Canon QC: Canon EOS-1D / 1Ds / 5D Forum: Digital Photography Review
BUT what do we get......
The contamination can take place at the shops or it is just a returned unit. So, I bet there is nothing to do with Canon's QC.
Mine was very clean when it was new, as I have checked for it.

Re: I have reservation on the accuse..: Canon EOS-1D / 1Ds / 5D Forum: Digital Photography Review
No BLOG rant, but just a defense of Canon and the problem was caused "somewhere else most likely".
Funny, and as I said, if this was Pentax we would have a 2 page rant on the quality control problems at Pentax (I'm sure there's one somewhere....)

EDIT:
Oh and RH we don't want you to be our HERO and SAVIOR thank you. Since you have been at this crusade for 5-ish years and to you, nothings changed, it is OBVIOUS Pentax isn't listening to you.
So your fired. Your performance review leads us to believe that you are totally ineffective, So sorry, best of luck ........ we will find another hero.

Last edited by jeffkrol; 07-07-2008 at 07:11 AM.
07-07-2008, 08:10 AM   #77
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
RH,

Unlike you I am a fan of talking to the point. Here's my point: you have a 700 USD (when was new) K100D and a 3000 USD Canon 5D. Regardless of sensor size if you seriously wanna compare this 2 cameras it's your prerogative to do so.

Radu
So, you have already answered you own questions by heart. IF there was a $3000 or even more expensive Pentax DSLR which really performs up to the higher standard of a 5D or whatsoever, I don't mind I could have a TRY!
07-07-2008, 08:11 AM   #78
Veteran Member

are you poor or something?

go and buy one! if you dont like it, sell it.

done deal.
07-07-2008, 08:20 AM   #79
Veteran Member

-The End-

QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
If you were fair as you said and you 5D is perfect for you as you said then in fairness you could have a Canon blog to discuss the real or made up problems of the Canon system like you do with Pentax real or made up problems. Where is your Canon blog to discuss the abismal quality of the former Canon kit lens if we're at lens problems? If you done that you could brag today that Canon improved their kit lens thanks to you criticism!
Radu
Don't ask me to start a Canon blog here. First, it is irrelevant and off-topic (but so did as this thread as in the very beginning). Second, I don't need you to teach or force me to write what blogs whatever I choose and like to write. But just in case you still have to see one, I recommend Jeffkrol to be the best right person than I, as for what I can see in his numerous uncountable replies to me at the PentaxForums each time I posted for how bad the Canons are. But I only got one message from his millions of words: Since I can find Canon has done evils, why couldn't Pentax?

I think this is my last reply post to both you and Jeffkrol. I think this kind of meaningless discussions have been more than enough, despite I was so naive last time to reply and hope that to make some clarification for you.

07-07-2008, 09:36 AM   #80
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
Don't ask me to start a Canon blog here. First, it is irrelevant and off-topic (but so did as this thread as in the very beginning). Second, I don't need you to teach or force me to write what blogs whatever I choose and like to write. But just in case you still have to see one, I recommend Jeffkrol to be the best right person than I, as for what I can see in his numerous uncountable replies to me at the PentaxForums each time I posted for how bad the Canons are. But I only got one message from his millions of words: Since I can find Canon has done evils, why couldn't Pentax?

I think this is my last reply post to both you and Jeffkrol. I think this kind of meaningless discussions have been more than enough, despite I was so naive last time to reply and hope that to make some clarification for you.
Your starting to babble oh great and wise engineer.. What was it you are an engineer of?? Optical engineer I believe. Care to answer.
07-07-2008, 10:06 AM   #81
RaduA

RH,

I own you my deepest apologies. I almost thought you're a desinformation agent. You are not because I supposse one may need some qualities to do such a job. Now I let you alone with your complexes and I can only promise you that whenever you'll ever again slander Pentax with false data and lies I'll try to correct you. Sort of "5 minutes of correcting RH a day / keeps the lies from this forum away"

Radu

P.S. Trying to portrait me and Jeff as anti Canon fanatics are one of your lamest moves. Jeff has pointed out to some real Canon troubles (as ANY company has) in respect to your babling of "Canon has no faults, Pentax has so many".
07-07-2008, 10:20 AM   #82
Damn Brit

Damn it Rice High, Post some photos.

07-07-2008, 10:28 AM   #83
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Damn it Rice High, Post some photos.
He did.... A fireworks display. Was quite nice actually. It was a first!

Ben
07-07-2008, 01:07 PM   #84
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
He did.... A fireworks display. Was quite nice actually. It was a first!

Ben
Are you sure it's his?....
Photo0099.jpg photo - Michael Poon photos at pbase.com
Photo0057.jpg photo - Michael Poon photos at pbase.com
Photo0063.jpg photo - Michael Poon photos at pbase.com
good_photos Photo Gallery by Michael Poon at pbase.com

Last edited by jeffkrol; 07-07-2008 at 01:44 PM.
07-07-2008, 03:05 PM   #85
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Not at all. But can anyone here be sure of who does what...

Starting to sound like a thriller....What a great movie treatment.

George W. Bush
07-07-2008, 06:04 PM   #86

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
How about if my Canon 5D and EOS system does NOT exhibit any of the problems as reported by actual Pentax users for the Pentax DSLRs, for what all are recorded in my Blog??
Canon 1D Mark III autofocus problem. Top end pro body that can't focus if you use it in the sun. Whoops.

Not that it matters, Canon is getting stomped into the ground by Nikon with their latest releases. Finally, Canon and their marketing/accountant driven management system that works by crippling lower models, weak, pathetic upgrades and high prices is getting a kick in the pants.

It's going to be interesting to watch Canon scramble to keep market share in the near future. They can't keep operating the way they have been.
07-08-2008, 03:17 PM   #87
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote

Starting to sound like a thriller....What a great movie treatment.

George W. Bush
Filmed in B&W, Miles Davis soundtrack.
07-08-2008, 04:04 PM   #88
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Filmed in B&W, Miles Davis soundtrack.
Awesome...I can already see the reviews.."................................". To be filled in by those with creative writing skills.

Ben
01-31-2009, 09:52 PM   #89
Forum Member

A frenchman with an ego?

Or indeed a Kiwi without love for the French....

Who would have thought?

;D
02-01-2009, 02:29 PM   #90
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by quenched Quote
A frenchman with an ego?

Or indeed a Kiwi without love for the French....

Who would have thought?

;D
Sorry..I'm not French. I am an Anglo Canadian with an ego...Wait a second...does that exist?