Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-26-2008, 04:44 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Strange problem on my K10! help

I'm about to mail it to get it serviced but I thought I would let everyone know first... maybe there's something I can try.
The problem is every shots are overexposed, by a lot, like the whole screen is almost white!
And I realized that no matter what f/ stop I choose in Av mode, say f/8 for exemple, it always take the shot wide open... without compensating for it on the shutter speed!
So that's the problem with my Pentax FA lenses.
If I try my sigma 17-70mm, then it just doesn't recognize it, no information is displayed on the top LCD, and the autofocus doesn't even work!
Now, finally, when I put on my DA*50-135mm, it works fine!! perfect exposure! how weird is that ??
I re-installed the firmware but that didn't fix anything.
And my lenses work fine on my K20, so the problem has to be with the K10.

What are your thoughts?

06-26-2008, 07:02 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I assume you have the Aperture ring in your FA lens set to A already, right? or maybe the metal contacts are dirty, try clean them.

other than that, I don't see what you can do other than send it to service.
06-26-2008, 07:11 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As I understand, the problem is ONLY with your K10 (that is because such problem does not show with K20...)

I suggest doing the following:

1) Clean electrical contacts on body's lens mount, by using a microfiber cloth and a pencil eraser.

2) Reset all custom functions to factory settings on your K10.

3) Make sure the "offending" lenses are locked in "A" (aperture ring).

4) Test again using program and green mode too.

It seems to me that this may be from either faulty contacts in lens mount and or some custom function not properly set.

Good luck

RB